Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Is this a bad idea? WIll electrical inspector fail this?

I am using T8 "shop lights in the ceilign of my detached garage.
ABout10 of them. They are the type with a cord and plug.

I am putting an outlet for each light in the ceilign and planed on
having everythign protected by a 20 amp GFCI breaker.

Will the inspector say that that is a problem because if the breaker
trips, I will have no lights? I have the back 6 lights installed, I
could still buy the 4 remaining in a non plug in variety and wire to a
separate non GFCI circuit.

To be honest I currently have the six lights I have installed running
on an extension cord to my GFCI outlet at the house and it has never
triped the GFCI. I need the plug in lights so I can work in there at
night and to be honest they are pretty handy to move around. They are
also cheaper than the non corded types.