Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Requesting TED Fellow nomination

Hey Doug,

What can we, or at least I, do to help you.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXX
On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 09:20:10 +0100 (BST), The Dougster
wrote:

For 15 years I have propounded the possibilty of a self-reproducing
machine tool in news:sci.physics.research and
news:rec.crafts.metalworking and described my investigations. (1)
After 10 years, I was cited; it was a footnote, really (2) Actually,
I've already built one. (3) Er, two; they were identical. That was the
point.

TED (Ideas Worth Spreading from Technology, Entertainment, and Design)
offers Fellowships to its 2010 conferences.

http://www.ted.com/fellows

My application would be due by September 25, 2009.

http://www.ted.com/pages/view?id=249

If you think a self-reproducing universal wood and metalworking
machine tool that can make just about anything of value from metal,
wood, plastic, glass, paper, fabric, or stone is an Idea Worth Sharing
from Technology and Design, as I do, then I would appreciate a TED
Fellows nomination, or an offer of listing you as one of three
references. If you disagree strongly, I might abandon the idea of
attending.

Douglas (Dana) Goncz, CPS
Replikon Research
Seven Corners, VA 22044-0394

Ref:

(1) http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...ol%22+dgonc z

(2) Robert A. Freitas Jr., Ralph C. Merkle, Kinematic Self-Replicating
Machines, Landes Bioscience, Georgetown, TX, 2004

(3) http://www.molecularassembler.com/KSRM/3.12.htm