Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT getting ridiculous

It is getting so that the OT traffic far outways the on-topic stuff.
I'm checking out for awhile again. Every year or so I get so fed up
with the amount of OT in this group I take a sabbatical for a few
months. See you later.

Sure, other newsgroups have OT, but not to the extent of rcm :-(
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-09-20, Don Stauffer wrote:
It is getting so that the OT traffic far outways the on-topic stuff.
I'm checking out for awhile again. Every year or so I get so fed up
with the amount of OT in this group I take a sabbatical for a few
months. See you later.

Sure, other newsgroups have OT, but not to the extent of rcm :-(

It will get better after the election when Obama is elected.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news
On 2008-09-20, Don Stauffer wrote:
It is getting so that the OT traffic far outways the on-topic stuff.
I'm checking out for awhile again. Every year or so I get so fed up
with the amount of OT in this group I take a sabbatical for a few
months. See you later.

Sure, other newsgroups have OT, but not to the extent of rcm :-(

It will get better after the election when Obama is elected.

Is he going to run in 2024 after two terms of McCain and two terms of Palin?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-09-20, Don Stauffer wrote:
It is getting so that the OT traffic far outways the on-topic stuff.
I'm checking out for awhile again. Every year or so I get so fed up
with the amount of OT in this group I take a sabbatical for a few
months. See you later.

Sure, other newsgroups have OT, but not to the extent of rcm :-(

It will get better after the election when Obama is elected.

Is he going to run in 2024 after two terms of McCain and two terms of Palin?

At least he would have enough experience then.....

technomaNge
--
Obama - raises taxes and kills babies.
Sarah Palin - raises babies and kills taxes.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 10:35:43 -0500, Ignoramus7553

On 2008-09-20, Don Stauffer wrote:
It is getting so that the OT traffic far outways the on-topic stuff.
I'm checking out for awhile again. Every year or so I get so fed up
with the amount of OT in this group I take a sabbatical for a few
months. See you later.

Sure, other newsgroups have OT, but not to the extent of rcm :-(

It will get better after the election when Obama is elected.

They still have ~43 days to shoot themselves in the other
foot. That is way too much time to be making any kind of a
guess just yet...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don Stauffer wrote:
It is getting so that the OT traffic far outways the on-topic stuff. I'm
checking out for awhile again. Every year or so I get so fed up with
the amount of OT in this group I take a sabbatical for a few months.
See you later.

Sure, other newsgroups have OT, but not to the extent of rcm :-(

Yeah, from the looks of it, you'd better stay in hiding until at least
mid November!

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Elson wrote:

Don Stauffer wrote:
It is getting so that the OT traffic far outways the on-topic stuff. I'm
checking out for awhile again. Every year or so I get so fed up with
the amount of OT in this group I take a sabbatical for a few months.
See you later.

Sure, other newsgroups have OT, but not to the extent of rcm :-(

Yeah, from the looks of it, you'd better stay in hiding until at least
mid November!

But that gets us into winter when the OT really goes up when many are stuck in the house.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-09-20, Don Stauffer wrote:
It is getting so that the OT traffic far outways the on-topic stuff.
I'm checking out for awhile again. Every year or so I get so fed up
with the amount of OT in this group I take a sabbatical for a few
months. See you later.

Sure, other newsgroups have OT, but not to the extent of rcm :-(

It will get better after the election when Obama is elected.

Is he going to run in 2024 after two terms of McCain and two terms of Palin?

Gardner you are a card! :-)

lets hope it comes to pass.
Stealth Pilot
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 05:41:44 -0400, Wes wrote:

Jon Elson wrote:

Don Stauffer wrote:
It is getting so that the OT traffic far outways the on-topic stuff. I'm
checking out for awhile again. Every year or so I get so fed up with
the amount of OT in this group I take a sabbatical for a few months.
See you later.

Sure, other newsgroups have OT, but not to the extent of rcm :-(

Yeah, from the looks of it, you'd better stay in hiding until at least
mid November!

But that gets us into winter when the OT really goes up when many are stuck in the house.

Wes

you guys spend way too much time machining.

I mean, machining I can handle, but politics????
cant you guys imagine nude women? :-)

Stealth Pilot

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 20, 7:32*am, Don Stauffer wrote:
It is getting so that the OT traffic far outways the on-topic stuff.
I'm checking out for awhile again. *Every year or so I get so fed up
with the amount of OT in this group I take a sabbatical for a few
months. *See you later.

Sure, other newsgroups have OT, but not to the extent of rcm :-(

I feel the same way, but sometimes get sucked into pointless arguments
when I read something that is not true. Or when a belief is expressed
that I strongly disagree with. I apologize.

We have lost some knowledgable people from this group as a result of
OT posts. One is Jim Rozen.

I think the only way we can get RCM back to discussing only on topic
posts, is to not respond to any of the posts that are crossposted.
And possibly send email direct to the originator just to clog their
inbox.

Posts that are OT but only posted to RCM and asking for information I
can easily tolerate. Examples are asking for information say on good
software to deal with viruses.

So I ask that anyone responding to a crossposted OT post, please take
RCM off the lists of groups.

I think that if none of the regular RCM people respond to crossposted
messages, people as Cliff will eventually not include RCM in the
header, or only post to RCM. The later is not as desirable but would
at least cut down the number of messages in an OT thread. ( I do not
mean to pick only on you Cliff. There are others that crosspost to
RCM with OT messages meant to provoke arguments. )

I especially ask intelligent thoughtful informed people as Ed Huntress
and John Carroll to see if they could find an appropriate newsgroup
for intelligent discussions that are OT for RCM. Maybe post a message
here in RCM with the topic header and the newsgroup where the
discussion is going on. So that RCM regulars can respond. But not
put any of the actual message in the post to RCM so that no one would
respond to the message posted in RCM.

To me that would be the best of both worlds. RCM having pretty much
only On Topic threads and another newsgroup where one would find the
thoughtful discussions that are OT in RCM.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 09:32:50 -0500, Don Stauffer
wrote:

It is getting so that the OT traffic far outways the on-topic stuff.
I'm checking out for awhile again. Every year or so I get so fed up
with the amount of OT in this group I take a sabbatical for a few
months. See you later.

Sure, other newsgroups have OT, but not to the extent of rcm :-(

Just warm up your Killfile on the Usual Suspects, and press the
Ignore Thread button heartily on anything else, and it soon
disappears.

-- Bruce --