Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default I need to I.D. this SMD class

I need to figure out which smd class this ic chip is.
If you take a look at this pic http://members.aol.com/ta7205/MVC-181f

The 8 pin chip with the red dot is the one I need to replace.
I have an SOIC 8 version sitting just to the left of the chip.
Its quite a bit smaller.

any help appreciated
Spark
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
1PW 1PW is offline

Sparkey wrote:
I need to figure out which smd class this ic chip is.
If you take a look at this pic http://members.aol.com/ta7205/MVC-181f

The 8 pin chip with the red dot is the one I need to replace.
I have an SOIC 8 version sitting just to the left of the chip.
Its quite a bit smaller.

any help appreciated
Spark

Hi:

Unfortunately your foto doesn't seem to open in my browser. Perhaps
if it were placed there again as a jpeg or jpg or the like with a
legitimate suffix to match the file type, we will have more luck.

1PW
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

On Tue, 27 May 2008 19:34:51 -0700 (PDT) Sparkey wrote
in Message id:
:

I need to figure out which smd class this ic chip is.
If you take a look at this pic http://members.aol.com/ta7205/MVC-181f

The 8 pin chip with the red dot is the one I need to replace.
I have an SOIC 8 version sitting just to the left of the chip.
Its quite a bit smaller.

Even increasing the picture size wouldn't allow me to see the writing on
the device. Can you post exactly what is on the chip?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

On Tue, 27 May 2008 19:34:51 -0700 (PDT) Sparkey wrote
in Message id:
:

I need to figure out which smd class this ic chip is.
If you take a look at this pic http://members.aol.com/ta7205/MVC-181f

The 8 pin chip with the red dot is the one I need to replace.
I have an SOIC 8 version sitting just to the left of the chip.
Its quite a bit smaller.

BTW, if you're just looking for package info, I believe it's an SO-8.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 28, 5:38 am, JW wrote:
On Tue, 27 May 2008 19:34:51 -0700 (PDT) Sparkey wrote
in Message id:
:

I need to figure out which smd class this ic chip is.
If you take a look at this pichttp://members.aol.com/ta7205/MVC-181f

The 8 pin chip with the red dot is the one I need to replace.
I have an SOIC 8 version sitting just to the left of the chip.
Its quite a bit smaller.

Even increasing the picture size wouldn't allow me to see the writing on
the device. Can you post exactly what is on the chip?

It took a lot of magnification but
4LC 1728 1Q5 is the number on the chip.
I reloaded the pic under a different name. The green arrow points to
the IC in question. http://members.aol.com/ta7205/chip.jpg

Thanks,
Spark

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 28, 4:40 pm, Sparkey wrote:
On May 28, 5:38 am, JW wrote:

On Tue, 27 May 2008 19:34:51 -0700 (PDT) Sparkey wrote
in Message id:
:

I need to figure out which smd class this ic chip is.
If you take a look at this pichttp://members.aol.com/ta7205/MVC-181f

The 8 pin chip with the red dot is the one I need to replace.
I have an SOIC 8 version sitting just to the left of the chip.
Its quite a bit smaller.

Even increasing the picture size wouldn't allow me to see the writing on
the device. Can you post exactly what is on the chip?

It took a lot of magnification but
4LC 1728 1Q5 is the number on the chip.
I reloaded the pic under a different name. The green arrow points to
the IC in question. http://members.aol.com/ta7205/chip.jpg

Thanks,
Spark

SO-8..... That's sounds right from the lit. I've been looking at.

Do you know of an easy way to use an SOIC 20 chip in a 20 pin DIP
socket ?

This IC is only available in the SOIC 20.
I've seen all kinds of DIP to SOIC sockets but few the other way
around.
Thanks again,
Spark
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

On Wed, 28 May 2008 18:43:46 -0700 (PDT) Sparkey wrote
in Message id:
:

On May 28, 5:38 am, JW wrote:

[...]

I'm not sure why you'd want to do such a thing. What exactly are you
trying to do? I'm assuming that you need a replacement chip for the board
in question, right? If so, what is the function of the board, and what
markings are on the chip to the left of the device in question?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 28, 5:38 am, JW wrote:

[...]

The function of the original pc board with the SO-8 chip is a
wireless router I'm repairing for a friend. She gave me the SOIC 8
chip to swap out.

I'm sorry, this SOIC 20 question was for a different problem.

I purchased an HIP 4080 (full bridge FET driver) 20 pin DIP to repair
another unrelated problem with a car amplifier.

I ordered the IC from Mouser (it seems they were the only ones I could
find that carried it as it is discontinued) They sent me the SOIC 20
version of the HIP 4080 and said that is the only version they have.

I now am stuck with making the SOIC 20 work in the circuit.
I hope that clarifies my problems. I didn't mean to be confusing but
that's my other problem.

thanks again for your help.
Spark
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 28, 5:38 am, JW wrote:

[...]

I'm not trying to be negative, but I have a hard time believeing reparing a
wireless router can be worth the investment of time and money required to
fix it unless it is something extremely simple. You can get some routers for
almost nothing these days. You can eaisly find a used one on ebay for less
than $30. Buy a linksys and put DD-WRT on it and then you have a top notch
router and also a cheap fix.

Mike

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 30, 3:38 pm, "Michael Kennedy"
wrote:

On May 28, 5:38 am, JW wrote:

[...]

What can I say...
She likes the router and got the chip free.

When she asked if I would do it, I said yup because it should only
take about 30 seconds of my time. Obviously, it was a miscalculation.

Spark