Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Where is the IR receiver in RCA rear projection TV?

I have an RF remote with an IR retransmitter. This retransmitter has
little flasher uints that you stick on the component you want to
control. I have an eight year old 60 inch RCA rear projection TV,
chassis number of PTK195AC (model P60812BL) that does not work well
with these if I put them on the front of the screen. I am going to
have to find the actual IR receiver and stick one on it if I want to
use these with this TV.

Does anyone know where the receiver unit is on the chassis? What does
it look like. I have been all over that chassis, but I don't even see
any discussion about the IR receiver in the service manual. I know it
is there someplace, but it will take a good long while to find it and
I thought i would ask you folks, since you have helped so much in the
past.

sci.electronics.repair
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 13 May 2008 13:11:48 -0700 (PDT), eganders
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Does anyone know where the receiver unit is on the chassis?

Do a binary search. Cover up half the TV and then operate the remote
control. Then cover up half of the appropriate half, and then half of
that half, and so on.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 13, 4:11 pm, eganders wrote:

Does anyone know where the receiver unit is on the chassis? What does
it look like. I have been all over that chassis, but I don't even see
any discussion about the IR receiver in the service manual.

It's inside the TV, mounted to the top of the light box, and aims at
the mirror. The entire screen of the TV essentially becomes the IR
(window) of the TV.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
On May 13, 4:11 pm, eganders wrote:

Does anyone know where the receiver unit is on the chassis? What does
it look like. I have been all over that chassis, but I don't even see
any discussion about the IR receiver in the service manual.

It's inside the TV, mounted to the top of the light box, and aims at
the mirror. The entire screen of the TV essentially becomes the IR
(window) of the TV.

Depending on the model, it may be accessed through the back or may require
removal of the screen assembly. Suggest obtaining a service manual for your
specific product to facilitate your search.