Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default US Food Shortages

On Apr 22, 7:20*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

I just saw a clip of Costco's CEO commenting on it, on tonight's NBC News,
and he said people are buying in "unusual quantities," which is the reason
for their restrictions. In other words, people are hoarding.

Hoarding is in the eye of the beholder, but here is my opinion
FWIIW:

Not having at least a month's food on hand to make sure your family
is fed, is behavior that is just as extreme and every bit as harmful
as that of the true bulk hoarder. The last time we had a hurricane
here in south Florida, officials were shocked at the lines of people
demanding food and water relief after just one or two days with the
stores closed. What are folks thinking?

Having a bit of food on hand for you and your family should be
part of your basic "homeland security" plan, not just something you do
when you are suddenly afraid of food shortages.

Vaughn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 07:53:37 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

[...]

These are the same people who suddenly flock to the store for frozen
foods, even though the power is out.

Flashlight? Hummm...maybe there is one in the junk drawer. Oh..the
batteries leaked.....

Candles? Anyone have a lighter? Matches?

Oh oh..,the cat just knocked the candles over and the curtains are on
fire...No fire extinguisher? Call the fire Department quick! What do
you mean the phones are out?!!!!

Gunner

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

" wrote:

Hoarding is in the eye of the beholder, but here is my opinion
FWIIW:

Not having at least a month's food on hand to make sure your family
is fed, is behavior that is just as extreme and every bit as harmful
as that of the true bulk hoarder. The last time we had a hurricane
here in south Florida, officials were shocked at the lines of people
demanding food and water relief after just one or two days with the
stores closed. What are folks thinking?

I don't go in for a month of food on hand but I can handle a couple weeks
just fine without heading over to moms where the REAL food store is. Mom
loves to can.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller