Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default repair help

with which type and value to replace the below capacitor, I tried my
best to find a new one but could not
4.7uf 25v non-polarized electrolytic capacitor of handy t.v., two
and a half inch, made in Taiwan
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The value you wrote, 4.7 uF 25 Volt / Non Polarized, is a common
capacitor. Many of the electronics parts dealers can have this type of
capacitor.

If you want to be fancy, you can take 2 of 10 uF / 25 Volt capacitors in
series. Put them back to back with the two negative leads joined, so
that you are left with the positive leads. In theory this will work, but
in practice with some circuit designs, this approach is not a very good
solution.

--

JANA
_____

wrote in message
with which type and value to replace the below capacitor, I tried my
best to find a new one but could not
4.7uf 25v non-polarized electrolytic capacitor of handy t.v., two
and a half inch, made in Taiwan

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
dBc dBc is offline

Greetings Mr. Frank & others..

Regarding:
"4.7uf 25v non-polarized electrolytic capacitor of handy t.v.,"

Never ad-hock something together when you can get the equivalent
OEM part from a multitude of suppliers. For example:

http://www.mouser.com/search/Refine....&N s=P_SField

Note the far left-hand side of the window:

Bi-Polar/Non-Polar Electrolytic Capacitors

Literally, pull the menu selection down as to what you need and
presto, see if they've got it in stock and sell in single
quantities.

Incidentally, Mouser is a premier components supplier for the
entire U.S. If they don't have it, they can get it, if they can't
get it, they'll [typically] tell you a manufacture to contact.

Cheers,
Mr. Mentor

Their catalog is about the thickness of the yellow pages for a
large city. When you call them, request that they send you one.
They also offer that catalog now days on CD ROM. Your choice.

wrote in message
| with which type and value to replace the below capacitor, I
tried my
| best to find a new one but could not
| 4.7uf 25v non-polarized electrolytic capacitor of handy t.v.,
two
| and a half inch, made in Taiwan

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
dBc dBc is offline

Greetings Ross..

Regarding:
"When posters don't include their location it makes it very
difficult to give information about where to obtain parts local
to them. It is often uneconomical to buy a single part from
organisations such as Mouser using their shipping service."

While I agree that folks may be posting from anywhere on the
surface of the planet, and sometimes I wonder if not beyond,
Mouser will ship just about anywhere and there is no minimum
order. I grant you that shipping costs is a factor on any item
mail-ordered these days from any vendor. But not everyone has the
luxury of having the exact OEM part in their local geographical
area. For me personally, I've got a Fry's Electronics in my city
but, as usual, they're either out of (empty rod) or simply don't
carry the correct value. When I work on other people's
electronics I do not compromise the design by pasting together
two (or more) parts or put in a 'close' value. I take the extra
time & effort to find the correct part and install it. It tends
to keep nightmarish episodes and later questions from occurring
as to why I didn't stick to the parts that the factory installed.

While there has been exceptions to the above 'rules' they are
rare since I tend to stick with the original values. On the rare
occasions that I do deviate, I let the owner know beforehand and
fully explain as to why. A recent personal example is the
motherboard that I'm using right now was recently given to me by
a good friend since it kept resetting. The notorious Taiwan GSC
electrolytic capacitors where the electrolyte formula had
[supposedly] been stolen have been replaced and all is well. Did
I deviate from the original values - no.. Did I order from
Mouser - you bet! In the process, I ordered some 5mm L.S.
electrolytics when I actually needed 3mm - my mistake. I called
them, explained it, they said NO problem and sent me the 3mm
parts at no charge - when asked, they didn't want the originals
back. At this point, I'm happy with them even though I've dealt
with, and been happy with, others such as Jameco also. I just
find that after looking through their 1,940 page catalog, they
tend to have the exact replacement of what I'm looking for. As
long as I can order *exactly* what I need in single quantities -
I tend to do so..

Cheers,
Mr. Mentor

wrote:

| :with which type and value to replace the below capacitor, I
tried my
| :best to find a new one but could not
| :4.7uf 25v non-polarized electrolytic capacitor of handy t.v.,
two
| :and a half inch, made in Taiwan
|

| When posters don't include their location it makes it very
difficult to give
| information about where to obtain parts local to them. It is
often uneconomical
| to buy a single part from organisations such as Mouser using
their shipping
| service.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Ross Herbert wrote:

When posters don't include their location it makes it very difficult to give
information about where to obtain parts local to them. It is often uneconomical
to buy a single part from organisations such as Mouser using their shipping
service.

The OP's posting I.P. checks out as Pakistan....

--
Adrian C
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Adrian C" wrote in message
Ross Herbert wrote:

When posters don't include their location it makes it very difficult to
give
information about where to obtain parts local to them. It is often
uneconomical
to buy a single part from organisations such as Mouser using their
shipping
service.

The OP's posting I.P. checks out as Pakistan....

--
Adrian C

And I thought it was only North Americans who thought they didn't have to
say where they live.

Gareth.