Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Button head cap screws

Hello all,

An honest-to-pete metalworking question: what is the diameter and
thickness of the head on a 1/4-20 button head cap screw? My web
search was fruitless.

Best -- Terry
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Terry" wrote in message
Hello all,

An honest-to-pete metalworking question: what is the
diameter and
thickness of the head on a 1/4-20 button head cap screw?
My web
search was fruitless.

Best -- Terry

Sometimes Google sucks---but I did find it!

http://www.mjvail.com/holokrome/dd_bhcs.html

Bill

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 13:59:33 -0600, Terry
wrote:

Hello all,

An honest-to-pete metalworking question: what is the diameter and
thickness of the head on a 1/4-20 button head cap screw? My web
search was fruitless.

..437/.419 dia
..132/.122 high

McMaster-Carr has the dimensions in their online catalog. I don't
recall offhand whether they show the limits or just the nominal
dimensions.

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 20:13:23 GMT, "BillM"
wrote:

"Terry" wrote in message
.. .
Hello all,

An honest-to-pete metalworking question: what is the
diameter and
thickness of the head on a 1/4-20 button head cap screw?
My web
search was fruitless.

Best -- Terry

Sometimes Google sucks---but I did find it!

http://www.mjvail.com/holokrome/dd_bhcs.html

Bill

Thanks Bill! I just didn't know how to Google properly, I guess...
:-)

Best -- Terry
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 6, 12:15 pm, Ned Simmons wrote:
.437/.419 dia
.132/.122 high

McMaster-Carr has the dimensions in their online catalog. I don't
recall offhand whether they show the limits or just the nominal
dimensions.

--
Ned Simmons

Interestingly enough, both of these are probably from the same
source. When you order these from McMaster, you'll get HoloKrome
brand screws (the first link).