Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Update on Mitsubishi WT-46807 parts problem

Well, after further troubleshooting, I found that the red CRT is bad.
Now for the good part - TV made in Nov. 2000. Called Mitsubishi,
talked to parts and consumer relations. They tell me this CRT
#P16LSG03RJA is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. I ask if an aftermarket is
available. They haven't got a clue. I called both Mitsubishi
authorized service centers in my area. Both said "if Mitsubishi told
you the part was unavailable, there's nothing we can do". When I
called Mits, the first thing I asked was whether this part number had
changed or if it was being sold/manufactured by someone else. The guy
asked me for my name, address, phone number, etc. I made it clear I
was not an authorized service center calling in the beginning. Simply
asked about part availability. I was then questioned if I work on
televisions, and who said the red CRT was bad. I told him I said, and
what's the friggin difference? Is this going to change the answer I
get to my question? This is the Consumer Relatons dept. don't forget.
He switched tunes to telling me I would receieve my answer in the mail
in about 7 days. You pros out there probably aren't surprised since
you deal with this daily. This is unbelieveable to me.