Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Medion TV problem help

Ok this is some strange behaviour i have with my tv, when i turn it on
he doesnt turn on at that moment he starts to do something i dont get
what recharging something? The green light is blinking like it stuck
into something and then sometimes after 10 min he turns on and sometimes
he doesnt turn on. What is his problem? Does anyone know?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jeroni Paul wrote:
Looks like bad capacitors in the power supply or line output stage.

Yes i thought about that too. Becouse it needs time to recharge but i
didnt saw any exploded capacitor in there, how to check for sure which
one is bad?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Meat Plow wrote:

With an ohm meter if you have experience doing so or with an ESR meter
which is a MUCH better way because it tests them dynamically with a 50khz
frequency. But then you need to lay out the cash for one.

Well i learned it once in school but i fully forgot how it goes i have a
multimeter. I will try to check them. What does it show when a capacitor
is bad?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Lexx wrote:
Meat Plow wrote:

With an ohm meter if you have experience doing so or with an ESR meter
which is a MUCH better way because it tests them dynamically with a 50khz
frequency. But then you need to lay out the cash for one.

Well i learned it once in school but i fully forgot how it goes i have a
multimeter. I will try to check them. What does it show when a capacitor
is bad?

I let unload all capacitior with my mulitmeter and when i do that then
the tv turned on. I dont get it now whats the problem?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On 15 abr, 14:22, Lexx wrote:
Lexx wrote:
Meat Plow wrote:

With an ohm meter if you have experience doing so or with an ESR meter
which is a MUCH better way because it tests them dynamically with a 50khz
frequency. But then you need to lay out the cash for one.

Well i learned it once in school but i fully forgot how it goes i have a
multimeter. I will try to check them. What does it show when a capacitor
is bad?

I let unload all capacitior with my mulitmeter and when i do that then
the tv turned on. I dont get it now whats the problem?

start by changing the smaller electrolytics in the secondary area of
the power supply,. they are cheap enough (Note: use 105º rated
substitues!). unless you plan to do this very often it isnt worth
getting an esr tester.
-b.