Posted to alt.cellular-phone-tech,alt.cellular,alt.cellular.gsm,sci.electronics.repair

Default Nokia 6610 Ringtone-Speaker problem

Hey Everybody,

My Nokia 6610 doesn't ring anymore, it only vibrates.
Also the radio, the handsfree function is not working anymore. I Have
tested the speaker, that was OK (by opening the phone and put some
tension on the speaker pins). So i think the amplifier (if there is any)
is dead. I have also loaded the factory default setting, no change.

The mic and earphone functions well, so making a phonecall is no problem

Maybe there is a software problem or a common Nokia failure.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem or suggestions?

Kind regards,
Sybren.
Posted to alt.cellular-phone-tech,alt.cellular,alt.cellular.gsm,sci.electronics.repair

"Sybren" wrote in message
l...

My Nokia 6610 doesn't ring anymore, it only vibrates.

Maybe it's in love?

Posted to alt.cellular-phone-tech,alt.cellular,alt.cellular.gsm,sci.electronics.repair

At 14 Nov 2006 11:13:17 +0100 Sybren wrote:
Hey Everybody,

My Nokia 6610 doesn't ring anymore, it only vibrates.
Also the radio, the handsfree function is not working anymore. I Have

tested the speaker, that was OK (by opening the phone and put some
tension on the speaker pins).

I've had two speakers fail in a Nokia 3650- the amplifier is fine (tested
by connectingthe contacts to an earphone), but the speaker itself died,
as did an offbrand replacement I bought online.

So i think the amplifier (if there is any) is dead. I have also loaded

the factory default setting, no change.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem or suggestions?

I'd see if it's the speaker first- the amplifier will be non-serviceable-
I doubt it's a discrete part, but rather one of the many functions of a
multi-purpose IC.

Good luck!

Posted to alt.cellular-phone-tech,alt.cellular,alt.cellular.gsm,sci.electronics.repair,alt.cellular.nokia

Thanks Todd,

I have tried some things, i have removed the speaker and did a reset.
Then the ringtone and radio works thru the headset!

I have tested the speaker, the resistance is about 10 ohm's and works
fine when it is conneted to a radio.

Removing the speaker and NOT resetting is not helpfull. Also remove the
speaker, and connecting it online (so the Nokia turned on) will not help.

Do you know what the correct resistance is of the speaker? If it is 10
ohm's then is should be a software error, i think.

I will do some more investigation.

Regards,
Sybren.

Todd Allcock schreef:
[...]

Posted to alt.cellular-phone-tech,alt.cellular,alt.cellular.gsm,sci.electronics.repair,alt.cellular.nokia

At 14 Nov 2006 19:31:32 +0100 Sybren wrote:
Thanks Todd,

I have tried some things, i have removed the speaker and did a reset.

Then the ringtone and radio works thru the headset!

Weird- is it possible your headset jack is broken? One of my Nok's had a
shorted jack. Even without the headset plugged in, the jack was closed
like it was, which shut off the built-in speaker and mic until I replaced
the jack.

I have tested the speaker, the resistance is about 10 ohm's and works

fine when it is conneted to a radio.

That rules out the speaker- it's fine.

Do you know what the correct resistance is of the speaker? If it is 10

ohm's then is should be a software error, i think.

10 ohms is about right, IIRC.

I don't think it's software though- probably hardware- whatever circuit
drives that speaker is probably bad.