Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Unlock problems.

Ok so I bought my phone brand new from eBay. The only thing they did to
it was Unlock it for me. Which I am happy with. But I noticed that when
you unlock the Samsung SGH-T629 (that's the phone I have ....) that it
resets the WAP settings. This made it so I couldn't use T-Zones and
Picture messenging. But I fixed those two with these codes; *#87927#
(That fixed T-Zones.) and *#87667# (That fixed picture messenging.).
But I can't seem to find a code to help me fix the settings for the IM
program built into the phone. I keep getting the error, "Check your
profile!" .... so if anyone knows how to fix it I'll be very grateful.

Thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
ps.com...

But I can't seem to find a code to help me fix the settings for the IM
program built into the phone. I keep getting the error, "Check your
profile!" .... so if anyone knows how to fix it I'll be very grateful.

Find the right person and pay him to set it for you.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
oups.com

I talked to T-Mobile and Samsung. T-Mobile said it was a problem with
the phone so I should call Samsung. Samung said it was a problem with
the service provider. Which it isn't, it's a problem with the phone
that can be fixed with a short code. I just can't find it.

Sounds like neither one wants to give you that code so they can sell you
another phone.

--
James T. White

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in
oups.com:

lsmartino wrote:
ha escrito:

Ok so I bought my phone brand new from eBay. The only thing they
did to it was Unlock it for me. Which I am happy with. But I
noticed that when you unlock the Samsung SGH-T629 (that's the phone
I have ....) that it resets the WAP settings. This made it so I
couldn't use T-Zones and Picture messenging. But I fixed those two
with these codes; *#87927# (That fixed T-Zones.) and *#87667# (That
fixed picture messenging.). But I can't seem to find a code to help
me fix the settings for the IM program built into the phone. I keep
getting the error, "Check your profile!" .... so if anyone knows
how to fix it I'll be very grateful.

Thanks.

No one can answer that with the info you provided. You really should
contact your cellphone service provider to solve that problem. Only
them know the settings needed by your phone.

I talked to T-Mobile and Samsung. T-Mobile said it was a problem with
the phone so I should call Samsung. Samung said it was a problem with
the service provider. Which it isn't, it's a problem with the phone
that can be fixed with a short code. I just can't find it.

There's a group over at Yahoo Groups called "cellularrepair"
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/cellularrepair/
that claims "here we discuss ways how can u repair your ... tmobile, ...
cellular one phone yourself". Costs nothing to join and see if you can
get the info you need...

Otherwise, there are some Usenet newsgroups in the "alt" category, such
as alt.cell... and alt.cellular... that seem to deal in this kind of
info. You might look through them.