Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Cliff

Default OT - Ping Gunner ... DON'T pay your bills !!!

http://www.shns.com/shns/g_index2.cf...ALARM-02-28-06
[
The balance on their JCPenney Platinum MasterCard had gotten to an unhealthy
level. So they sent in a large payment, a check for $6,522.

And an alarm went off. A red flag went up. The Soehnges' behavior was found
questionable.

And all they did was pay down their debt. They didn't call a suspected terrorist
on their cell phone. They didn't try to sneak a machine gun through customs.

They just paid a hefty chunk of their credit card balance. And they learned how
frighteningly wide the net of suspicion has been cast.
They both learned the same astounding piece of information about the little
things that can set the threat sensors to beeping and blinking.

They were told, as they moved up the managerial ladder at the call center, that
the amount they had sent in was much larger than their normal monthly payment.
And if the increase hits a certain percentage higher than that normal payment,
Homeland Security has to be notified. And the money doesn't move until the
threat alert is lifted.

Walter called television stations, the American Civil Liberties Union and me.
And he went on the Internet to see what he could learn. He learned about changes
in something called the Bank Privacy Act.

"The more I'm on, the scarier it gets," he said. "It's scary how easily someone
in Homeland Security can get permission to spy."
]

HTH
--
Cliff

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
myal

Cliff wrote:
[...]

yeah .. so ?
Been like that for years here

If we shift more than so manythousand even between your own accounts ,
your made note of and the govt notified

--
Eat well , stay fit , and die healthy .
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Ken

Cliff wrote:
[...]

Shame the US "security" agencies didnt notice anything untoward when
there were billions of $$$$$$ worth of unusual share deals prior to
9/11 attacks................

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Ioan Barladeanu

I think that mostly everywhere on Earth banks are inquiring/reporting
large ammounts of cash (I've heard of a $10k treshold around here) if
they represent personal transactions. Probably it's the association of
that with Homeland Security that got the guy so ****ed off. Although
reporting that to tax organs (IRS-like) can be nastyer in certain cases

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark

"Cliff" wrote in message

[...]

Too bad nobody cares when people run their credit card debt up. Only when
they try to pay it down too fast.

Mark

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Newell

(I've heard of a $10k treshold around here) if

$10,000 threshold on single transactions. If it appears that someone is
trying to move money in amounts to avoid reporting, such as $8,000 on
Monday, $9,000 on Tuesday, etc..., then reports are required on amounts
smaller than that. If a customer comes in and inquires about the reporting
threshold of transactions, then you are supposed to report any substantial
transactions they make regardless of the amount.

Been this way for years.

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard Lamb

Mark wrote:

Too bad nobody cares when people run their credit card debt up. Only when
they try to pay it down too fast.

Mark

Thanks for the warning!

I'm in position to pay off everything I owe, and have been wondering...
(It's not that much - truck and cards barely $10k)

So?

Pay off everything at once and enjoy the freak show?

Or pay off over 3 months and improve my credit rating before closing
the accounts?

Richard
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking

In misc.survivalism Cliff wrote:
http://www.shns.com/shns/g_index2.cf...ALARM-02-28-06
[
The balance on their JCPenney Platinum MasterCard had gotten to an unhealthy
level. So they sent in a large payment, a check for $6,522.

"IF you're paying off your bills, we want to know if Al Quaida is
supporting you! No Good Patriotic American has anything to fear!"
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
The Eternal Squire

wrote:
In misc.survivalism Cliff wrote:
http://www.shns.com/shns/g_index2.cf...ALARM-02-28-06
[
The balance on their JCPenney Platinum MasterCard had gotten to an unhealthy
level. So they sent in a large payment, a check for $6,522.

"IF you're paying off your bills, we want to know if Al Quaida is
supporting you! No Good Patriotic American has anything to fear!"

I've had zero problems with this. When I got laid off I paid nearly
$9000 into my Visa card to kill the balance. Not a whisper of
complaint from my bank. Maybe you should change to Bank of America.

The Eternal Squire

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On 8 Mar 2006 00:52:08 -0800, "Ken"
wrote:

Cliff wrote:
[...]

You mean those during the Clinton Administration?

Gunner

"The importance of morality is that people behave themselves even if
nobody's watching. There are not enough cops and laws to replace
personal morality as a means to produce a civilized society. Indeed,
the police and criminal justice system are the last desperate line of
defense for a civilized society. Unfortunately, too many of us see
police, laws and the criminal justice system as society's first line
of defense." --Walter Williams
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob Brock

On 8 Mar 2006 00:52:08 -0800, "Ken"
wrote:

Cliff wrote:
[...]

But they did notice. They told their superiors who briefed the
Executive Branch of the threat. The problem was that Iraq had a
higher priority and needed to be taken care of first.

Afterall, everyone knew even way back then, that Iraq was only going
to take a month or so. That, once Saddam was defeated, they would
welcome us with open arms as their liberators. That they would surely
emulate our superior form of government and become our eternal allies
in the region. Hell, three to six months from initial staging to
pulling out of the liberated Iraq. They all knew that. Hell, they
even told us that. Those guys spending all those bucks learning to
fly planes without worrying to learn how to land could wait six months
and if they couldn't wait six months, it would give the Executive
branch the perfect excuse to take care of Iraq.

Well, they were wrong about how easy Iraq was going to be, but they
got the excuse they needed and by sticking their fingers in their ears
and not listening, they got plausible deniability.
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C.

The Eternal Squire wrote:

wrote:
In misc.survivalism Cliff wrote:
http://www.shns.com/shns/g_index2.cf...ALARM-02-28-06
[
The balance on their JCPenney Platinum MasterCard had gotten to an unhealthy
level. So they sent in a large payment, a check for $6,522.

"IF you're paying off your bills, we want to know if Al Quaida is
supporting you! No Good Patriotic American has anything to fear!"

I've had zero problems with this. When I got laid off I paid nearly
$9000 into my Visa card to kill the balance. Not a whisper of
complaint from my bank. Maybe you should change to Bank of America.

The Eternal Squire

All US banks follow the same reporting rules. Not hearing any complaints
does not mean there was no reporting.

Pete C.
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Richard the Dreaded Libertarian

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 13:18:20 +0000, Richard Lamb wrote:
Mark wrote:
Too bad nobody cares when people run their credit card debt up. Only when
they try to pay it down too fast.

Thanks for the warning!

I'm in position to pay off everything I owe, and have been wondering...
(It's not that much - truck and cards barely $10k)

So?

Pay off everything at once and enjoy the freak show?

Or pay off over 3 months and improve my credit rating before closing
the accounts?

Only pay them all off if you'll have enough left over to defend yourself
from the zoo.

Otherwise, maintain a low profile.

Good Luck!
Rich
--
"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Pogo Possum

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Cliff

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 11:20:04 -0500, Bob Brock wrote:

Well, they were wrong

Found those "WMDs" yet, anyone?
They just flat-out lied. Perhaps Saddam had called the
shrubbie a bad name ... such as "liar".
--
Cliff

Electric bills are too high PipeDown Home Repair 4 October 24th 05 03:31 PM
OT - Ping Gunner Cliff Metalworking 11 May 18th 05 05:25 AM
OT - Ping Gunner Cliff Metalworking 1 March 15th 05 10:34 AM
OT - Ping Gunner Cliff Metalworking 3 March 9th 05 02:35 AM
Gunner's medical bills Robert Sturgeon Metalworking 464 July 14th 04 02:48 PM