Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jim

Default Zenith SM2771S, No sound

My set did not quite a 200 mile trip in a U-Haul trailer.

No Sound on either L or R channel

Need advice and access to service lit..

thanks Jim

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tech Data

Since you've been moving the set, are you sure no one flipped the spkr
int/ext switch in the back? I'm sure that model has one.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
sofie

Tech Data:
Very good point.
On many Zeniths it is usually a push-button that is located right next to
the antenna connector so you can't help but hit it when hooking or unhooking
the cable. Also, it is a small round, black button that blends in with
the back case color and the nomenclatures is small black raise letting on
the black case that is just about impossible to see.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Tech Data" wrote in message
oups.com...
Since you've been moving the set, are you sure no one flipped the spkr
int/ext switch in the back? I'm sure that model has one.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jim

Nope: I can't find any switch like that. Also I connected the set to an
external speaker and got no sound there.

I'm thinking that this is a "Stealth" set. Sams has no info on it nor could
I find any info on the net.
"jim" wrote in message
k.net...
My set did not quite a 200 mile trip in a U-Haul trailer.

No Sound on either L or R channel

Need advice and access to service lit..

thanks Jim

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andy Cuffe

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 02:26:59 GMT, "jim" wrote:

Nope: I can't find any switch like that. Also I connected the set to an
external speaker and got no sound there.

Are you sure there's nothing in the menu? If it has audio out jacks,
have you tried connecting them to an amplifier? That would narrow it
down to the audio decoding, or power amplifier.

It's probably nothing serious. I would guess something like bad
soldering, an open resistor feeding B+ to the audio amp, or a crack in
the board.

One last comment. Have you ever had the CRT (picture tube) replaced?
If not, I wouldn't bother having it repaired. The CRTs in the M line
Zeniths rarely lasted more than 3 or 4 years of moderate use.
Andy Cuffe