Posted to sci.electronics.repair
HTW

Default Toshiba Tv, no sound no pic

I have a Toshiba 65H81 that is about 5 years old. The other day the power
went out in a wind storm and it was plugged directly into the wall instead
of the surge protector. The next day when turned on there was no picture
but the red power indicator light came on. I called a tech and have been
told its a bad power source, but I wondering the average price to pay or
whether it can be done by myself.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Golf

If you don't have experience working on TV's, best to pay a pro to have
it fixed. Not only will you have to do some basic trouble shooting to
locate the defective component, not to mention the serious high voltage
lurking in there, you then have to locate the part for purchase. Can't
say what the cost of repair would be since I don't do this kind of work
for a living, but if the set had a nice bright picture, probably worth
the repair.