axolotl

Default An interesting project page

The Brit model engineering group had a link to a personal projects page
that merits a look.

http://homepage3.nifty.com/amigos/index-e.html

The pages belong to a gentleman in Japan that has made a substantial
amount of tooling with a 9X20 and a minimill. He includes both pictures
and prints. A fine piece of work.

Kevin Gallimore

Bob Engelhardt

axolotl wrote:
The pages belong to a gentleman in Japan ...

and includes book reviews from which I offer this quote:

"If you are a middle class or a senior person, the answer of worry in
the processing of the current embarrassment will be found."

LOL!
Bob
Jeff Wisnia

Mike Young wrote:
"axolotl" wrote in message

The Brit model engineering group had a link to a personal projects
page that merits a look.

http://homepage3.nifty.com/amigos/index-e.html

The pages belong to a gentleman in Japan that has made a substantial
amount of tooling with a 9X20 and a minimill. He includes both
pictures and prints. A fine piece of work.

Excellent photography on those pages. The pictures really show off the
workmanship. I wonder what he'll build once he gets done building the
tooling.

I bet he's wondering about that too....

He does beautiful work, and his descriptions of how and why he does
things are enlightening too.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

jim rozen

In article , Jeff Wisnia says...

He does beautiful work, and his descriptions of how and why he does
things are enlightening too.

Check out the description of building the boring head.
Outstanding work indeed.

Basically he just dismantled a commercial one, and started
with that design. Made his own taps, dovetail cutters, etc.

Wow.

Jim

please reply to:
JR North

Excellent photography of really junk machines. However, a skilled
machinist can still get a lot out of the crappiest machine. He appears
to fit this requirement.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

axolotl wrote:

The Brit model engineering group had a link to a personal projects page
that merits a look.

http://homepage3.nifty.com/amigos/index-e.html

The pages belong to a gentleman in Japan that has made a substantial
amount of tooling with a 9X20 and a minimill. He includes both pictures
and prints. A fine piece of work.

Kevin Gallimore

News==----
Newsgroups

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"

Ron Thompson

axolotl wrote:
The pages belong to a gentleman in Japan ...

and includes book reviews from which I offer this quote:

"If you are a middle class or a senior person, the answer of worry in
the processing of the current embarrassment will be found."

LOL!
Bob

His English is much better than my Japanese. I was in Japan while in the
Marines. I have lost most of what I picked up. I can still count to six in
Japanese.

Ron Thompson

http://www.plansandprojects.com
My hobby pages are he

Severe stupidity is self correcting, but mild stupidity is rampant in the land.
-Ron Thompson

Abrasha

jim rozen wrote:

Basically he just dismantled a commercial one, and started
with that design. Made his own taps, dovetail cutters, etc.

That's how the Japanese camera industry started. Right after WW II they
took apart German Leicas and copied them. They looked exactly the same
back then.

Some Leica copies:
http://www.pacificrimcamera.com/pp/copies/chiyoca.htm
http://www.pacificrimcamera.com/pp/copies/melcon.htm