Default Machinery Handbook PDF

Does anyone have a copy of teh MH that was downloadable a few months
back? I had it, but am recovering from a hard drive failure.

Thanks,
Rod

Rex B

Relz wrote:
"Ted Edwards" wrote in message

wrote:

Does anyone have a copy of teh MH that was downloadable a few months
back? I had it, but am recovering from a hard drive failure.

Sheesh!!! Why don't you guys learn how to back up you valuable files!
I've not lost a one in almost 50 years of computing.

Ted

Yeah, I bet you were nervous about getting a virus in your abacus. :-)

"Pine Beetles Ravage IT Dept"
Film at 11

Errol Groff

Yeah, I bet you were nervous about getting a virus in your abacus. :-)

Relz

He had an abacus???? When I was a lad we had to count using our
fingers and toes. That is when our toes weren't occupied with walking
to school, miles through the snow, up hill both ways!

Our bare feet wrapped in barbed wire for traction on the ice of
course.

Errol Groff

Dave Hinz

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:35:38 GMT, Errol Groff wrote:

Yeah, I bet you were nervous about getting a virus in your abacus. :-)

Relz

He had an abacus???? When I was a lad we had to count using our
fingers and toes. That is when our toes weren't occupied with walking
to school, miles through the snow, up hill both ways!

Our bare feet wrapped in barbed wire for traction on the ice of
course.

Hah. You had it lucky. We couldn't get barbed wire, we had to use
shards of glass. But we didn't complain, no...

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 06:00:59 GMT, Ted Edwards

Does anyone have a copy of teh MH that was downloadable a few months
back? I had it, but am recovering from a hard drive failure.

Sheesh!!! Why don't you guys learn how to back up you valuable files!
I've not lost a one in almost 50 years of computing.

Put the darn thing on a CD.
Ted

Rex B

Spehro Pefhany wrote:
Or a DVD (4.7G , super-cheap**) . Or a double-layer DVD (8.5G, still a
little pricey). Can't wait for recordable HD-DVD and/or Blu-Ray disks.

** huge spindles of blanks in supermarkets, computer stores, office
supply places etc. etc. It is very gratifying that people are finally
taking their data backup seriously.

Data backup??
They are actually pirating movies and music
Spehro Pefhany

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:09:08 -0500, the renowned Rex B
wrote:

Spehro Pefhany wrote:
Or a DVD (4.7G , super-cheap**) . Or a double-layer DVD (8.5G, still a
little pricey). Can't wait for recordable HD-DVD and/or Blu-Ray disks.

** huge spindles of blanks in supermarkets, computer stores, office
supply places etc. etc. It is very gratifying that people are finally
taking their data backup seriously.

Data backup??
They are actually pirating movies and music

No!!!!

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:33:07 GMT, "Karl Townsend"
remove .NOT to reply wrote:

You still can't beat an extra hard disk. They go on sale with manufacture's
rebate at unbelievable prices at Best Buy. I got 80 Gig ones for $20 a month
back. When you install them, it asks you to backup up your complete machine.
When the old HD breaks, just unplug it. I lernt the hard way - restoring a
crashed computer HD from CDs will take you all day - restoring from another
HD takes 5 minutes

Karl

Best way is 2 IDENTICAL drives - mirrored by the operating system.
Break the mirror set and pull the second drive - store offsite.
Then back up data only on CD or DVD. Whenever a new program is
installed, or major updates are done, re-do the mirror.

With DVD you CAN do a complete "bootable" copy of the hard drive to
DVD id the partition is small (set up the HD with a "system" partition
and a "data" partition. The "system" partition does not change often -
so you back up the DATA on a regular basis - does not have to be
bootable.
pyotr filipivich

Let the record show that Rex B wrote back on Tue, 30 Aug
2005 10:15:11 -0500 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

wrote:

Does anyone have a copy of teh MH that was downloadable a few months
back? I had it, but am recovering from a hard drive failure.

Sheesh!!! Why don't you guys learn how to back up you valuable files!
I've not lost a one in almost 50 years of computing.

Ted

Yeah, I bet you were nervous about getting a virus in your abacus. :-)

"Pine Beetles Ravage IT Dept"
Film at 11

Should be "Frescos at 11"

tschus
pyotr

"That's why we always used the clay beads."

--
pyotr filipivich
We didn't have these sorts of problems when I was a boy,

Gerald Miller

wrote:

Yeah, I bet you were nervous about getting a virus in your abacus. :-)

Relz

He had an abacus???? When I was a lad we had to count using our
fingers and toes. That is when our toes weren't occupied with walking
to school, miles through the snow, up hill both ways!

Our bare feet wrapped in barbed wire for traction on the ice of
course.

Errol Groff

I remember one day the path was so slippery that every step forward
resulted in sliding back three. the only way to get there was to turn
around and walk the other way.
A couple weeks ago, at a boot sale in the other London, I upgraded my
backup system from an abacus to a nice little No. 28 Concise slide
rule (circular) for 50p.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada