Richard Ferguson

Default Babbitt metal worth anything?

I have a 2 kg (4.4 pound) ingot of Babbitt metal, from United American
Metals. I believe that this was given to my father as a business gift
about 30 years ago. I have no use for it. Is this worth selling on
eBay? Does somebody want to give me a few bucks for it? Or should I
just throw it away?

Richard
Fred R

Richard Ferguson wrote:
I have a 2 kg (4.4 pound) ingot of Babbitt metal, from United American
Metals. I believe that this was given to my father as a business gift
about 30 years ago. I have no use for it. Is this worth selling on
eBay? Does somebody want to give me a few bucks for it? Or should I
just throw it away?

Richard

Don't throw it away! That is against The Rule.

Where are you?

--
Fred R
________________
Richard Ferguson

I am in Colorado.

I don't know about your rules, but we are working through 40 years of
junk in our basement. We need to throw away, give away, or sell at
least 50% of the contents in order to finish a couple of rooms in the
basement. We are truely in the spirit of housecleaning. Of course, it
should easy to throw something away when you have not used it in 30
years. ;-)

Richard

Fred R wrote:
Richard Ferguson wrote:

I have a 2 kg (4.4 pound) ingot of Babbitt metal, from United American
Metals. I believe that this was given to my father as a business gift
about 30 years ago. I have no use for it. Is this worth selling on
eBay? Does somebody want to give me a few bucks for it? Or should I
just throw it away?

Richard

Don't throw it away! That is against The Rule.

Where are you?

Wayne Cook

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 22:37:13 GMT, Richard Ferguson
wrote:

I have a 2 kg (4.4 pound) ingot of Babbitt metal, from United American
Metals. I believe that this was given to my father as a business gift
about 30 years ago. I have no use for it. Is this worth selling on
eBay? Does somebody want to give me a few bucks for it? Or should I
just throw it away?

Darn sure don't throw it away. I wish there was a local source for
the stuff. I need it all the time.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook/index.htm
carl mciver

"Richard Ferguson" wrote in message
| I have a 2 kg (4.4 pound) ingot of Babbitt metal, from United American
| Metals. I believe that this was given to my father as a business gift
| about 30 years ago. I have no use for it. Is this worth selling on
| eBay? Does somebody want to give me a few bucks for it? Or should I
| just throw it away?
|
| Richard

Here's the solution: Go to craigslist.org and find your area. Put up
what you want to sell, and if it doesn't sell or you just want to give it
away, put it in the free section or join the freecycle mailing list for your
area. Each time I do a little cleaning up stuff is often gone by the end of
the day because I put it up on freecycle. I have yet to have to haul it
further than my front yard!
One man's junk is another man's treasure. I am constantly amazed by the
stuff that comes through freecycle, and my only regret is that I have no
place to put all the stuff I'm interested in!

professorwiz

I agree, I use craigslist all the time in my area! There is also
Freecycle (recycle get it?) Better than filling a land fill

Larry Jaques

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 05:43:45 GMT, the opaque "carl mciver"
clearly wrote:

"Richard Ferguson" wrote in message
| I have a 2 kg (4.4 pound) ingot of Babbitt metal, from United American
| Metals. I believe that this was given to my father as a business gift
| about 30 years ago. I have no use for it. Is this worth selling on
| eBay? Does somebody want to give me a few bucks for it? Or should I
| just throw it away?
|
| Richard

Here's the solution: Go to craigslist.org and find your area. Put up
what you want to sell, and if it doesn't sell or you just want to give it
away, put it in the free section or join the freecycle mailing list for your
area. Each time I do a little cleaning up stuff is often gone by the end of
the day because I put it up on freecycle. I have yet to have to haul it
further than my front yard!
One man's junk is another man's treasure. I am constantly amazed by the
stuff that comes through freecycle, and my only regret is that I have no
place to put all the stuff I'm interested in!

that's www.freecycle.org , not .com, the spammy, sucking bastids.

--== EAT RIGHT...KEEP FIT...DIE ANYWAY ==--
http://www.diversify.com/stees.html - Schnazzy Tees online
woodworker88

I wish I got ingots of metal for gifts! Craigslist is a great way to
get rid of stuff. Put it up for a few bucks, and if people seem
hesitant just give it to them. Got rid of a whole kitchen's worth of
cabinets that way.

Metal Roofing ptgoodman Home Repair 7 July 13th 06 02:47 AM
Does polishing one or both surfaces reduce metal to metal friction? SA Development Metalworking 5 June 7th 05 01:19 AM
Tingle from metal lamp = dangerous? Rob Morley Home Repair 56 May 16th 05 11:03 AM
Creating very light hollow metal ornaments Marin Metalworking 4 January 23rd 04 02:41 AM
Drywall screws for metal studs prone to strip, please help. andy everett Home Repair 2 August 23rd 03 07:10 PM