eeh

Default Other than Greenlee and Q-max

Hi,

Except Greenlee and Q-max, is there any other brands whose make such
kind of knockout punches for square holes?

Thanks!

Martin H. Eastburn

eeh wrote:

Hi,

Except Greenlee and Q-max, is there any other brands whose make such
kind of knockout punches for square holes?

Thanks!

There is another - I'll look at mine. They are in my shop and not close tonight.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

Martin H. Eastburn

Martin H. Eastburn wrote:

eeh wrote:

Hi,

Except Greenlee and Q-max, is there any other brands whose make such
kind of knockout punches for square holes?

Thanks!

There is another - I'll look at mine. They are in my shop and not close
tonight.

Martin

I have one in a "Pioneer" can and it is a 3/4" stainless from the 50's.
The Greenlee 1" is in a UTC - 10-50 uh box - IIRC - and has been in it
for about 40 years. :-) (less the time being used).

Martin - suspects Pioneer is no longer making parts.

--
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

Tim Shoppa

Deltron is a brand name sold by Mouser, and I think it's made in
England. They also have this nifty bench press for use with their
tooling.

For really thin/soft material, hobby and leather stores have leather
hand punches made by various companies (Tandy?) in various sizes and
shapes.

Depending on your material and thickness, look at nibblers for making
small quantities of square (and rectangular, and ...) holes.

Hand nibblers are available from Radio Shack real cheap and are good
for working with plastic, aluminum, and thin steel.
Electric/pneumatic/hydraulic nibblers are available for more heavy-duty
jobs.

Tim.