Default I am looking for a copper backsplash

I am looking for a copper backsplash for the area behind my stove, and,
also the area above my sink. The dimensions are as follows: 30.25
inches wide X 15 inches tall, and 38.5 inches wide X 6.25 inches tall.

I prefer copper that is somewhat aged. Also, some type of design would
be nice.

If anybody makes this type of item, please email me
) with a description of the product, pricing and
approximate shipping charges.

Thanks!

Susan

Leo Lichtman

"Gary Brady" wrote: (clip) I prefer copper that is somewhat aged. Also,
some type of design would be nice. (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I recently got some very nice scrap pieces that were cutoffs from a roofing
job. He had it in bright and artificial patina. So a roofer might be a
source. For the design, you might contact a high school shop teacher--you
may find a talented student who would work by the hour.

Over here in the UK - where we have no money but fortunately, no
Harbour Fake - I get my copper by scrounging used domestic hot water
tanks from demolition sites or friendly plumbers.
The usual tank over here has a volume of around 150 litres (oops - 35
gallons) and will provide a 4' 6" by 2'6" sheet of 24g copper sheet
once the top and bottom are cut off.
I have covered benches and found many other uses for this recycled
material.
Serendipity - the tank also contains a copper heating coil of 1 1/2"
diameter, around 8' long - I wonder how you make moonshine?
By definition this is aged copper and is easy to make into whatever
your heart desires.
All the best,
Charles

Bruce L. Bergman

On 21 May 2005 14:49:42 -0700, wrote:

Over here in the UK - where we have no money but fortunately, no
Harbour Fake - I get my copper by scrounging used domestic hot water
tanks from demolition sites or friendly plumbers.
The usual tank over here has a volume of around 150 litres (oops - 35
gallons) and will provide a 4' 6" by 2'6" sheet of 24g copper sheet
once the top and bottom are cut off.
I have covered benches and found many other uses for this recycled
material.

They use copper domestic hot water heater tanks over there? Ship me
one! Natural gas, please. ;-) (Yeah, probably [bloody fortune]^2 and
the USA'n code authorities will have a cow.)

All of our USA'n ones are porcelain or plastic lined steel, with a
zinc anode to "protect" them. (So what if they rust through every 10
or 15 years, that just means they get to sell you another one...)

Now I have seen them use sheet copper on the firebox area of
tankless water heaters, and all-copper finned heat exchangers up at
the flue area... But they don't have much market penetration yet,
people want to open multiple taps at once and not have the temperature
surge as the burner throttles, or have the flow restricted.

Serendipity - the tank also contains a copper heating coil of 1 1/2"
diameter, around 8' long - I wonder how you make moonshine?
By definition this is aged copper and is easy to make into whatever
your heart desires.

Moonshine is easy, mechanically speaking - you mix up the grain and
water mash with a little yeast in a non-reactive copper tank and let
it ferment to produce alcohol, then heat the whole tank carefully to
somewhere around 190 F (roughly 95C) till the alcohol boils off and
the water doesn't. Then you condense the alcohol vapors to liquid.

Of course, you either have to hide this whole 'shine operation in
the woods, or get it properly licensed. (Thank you, History Channel.)

The only advantage of having that heating coil inside the tank is if
you have a steam boiler handy, and wanted to use process steam and a
control valve to heat the mash instead of an open fire under the tank.

I've never tried the raw stuff but it's supposed to be an "acquired
taste", kind of like drinking turpentine. Age and mellow it, filter
through charcoal and let it sit on oak for a while, and you have
bourbon or whisky.

-- Bruce --
Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545

Funnily enough, the plumbing and heating industry seems to be being
forced into changing from copper to lined steel or stainless products
over here.
Copper was used from the late Victorian days (I believe) and is still
an approved material. I researched for a picture of a copper cylinder
and this is all I could find:
http://www.newarkcyl.freeserve.co.uk...ect%20page.htm
My copper hot water cylinder has been in service for at least 40 years
and is in good shape.
These days, to satisfy energy saving regulations, most cylinders are
supplied with bonded foam insulation. Makes them a pain in the a** to
reclaim. The old ones (and there must be 20 or 30 million still in use
in the UK) are easy to find.
Thanks for the moonshine tips. With whisky taxed at about 80% of the
price it would be worth taking a chance, especially as our police are
concentrating on the motorist and the replica gun owner as the most
wanted these days.
All the best,
Charles

Aluminum wiring... Roy Metalworking 15 February 20th 05 07:20 PM
type of copper to use to repipe house Ron Home Repair 42 February 9th 05 03:59 PM
Questions on making reed valve spring steel & copper gaskets? Jason D. Metalworking 5 January 13th 05 12:58 AM
copper and gasoline [email protected] Metalworking 28 January 9th 05 08:10 PM
Determining Geologic Sources of Native American Copper Yuri Kuchinsky Metalworking 92 June 23rd 04 05:21 PM