Default ot Ford Escape any good?

Are these good vehicles? DO they go good in ice and snow with a 4x4
model?

Ken Sterling

Are these good vehicles? DO they go good in ice and snow with a 4x4
model?

We have an 02 my better half drives... I can testify that we had about
3/4" of solid, slick ice on our uphill driveway - bad enough you
couldn't even stand up to walk across it, and she started out from a
dead stop right up out of the driveway (about 167' long) and never
spun a wheel. Hers is the auto/man model which basically means you
leave it in auto mode all the time unless you have about 6 or 8" of
snow solidly covering the roadway, then if you have problems, you can
switch it into manual to keep the 4WD active all the time. She likes
it, good vision, a little road noisy, but basically a good vehicle for
her on Southwestern PA winter highways. Never gotten stuck - yet.
Seems to be a good vehicle.
HTH
Ken.