Carl

Default For Gunner

The RAMBO Granny of Melbourne, Australia

Gun-toting granny Ava Estelle, 81, was so ticked-off when two
thugs raped her 18-year-old granddaughter that she tracked the unsuspecting
ex-cons down - - and shot off their testicles.

The old lady spent a week hunting those men down -- and when she
found them, she took revenge on them in her own special way, said Melbourne
police investigator Evan Delp. Then she took a taxi to the nearest police
station, laid the gun on the sergeant's desk and told him as calm as could
be:

'Those *******s will never rape anybody again, by God.' Cops say
convicted rapist and robber Davis Furth, 33, lost both his penis and his
testicles when outraged Ava opened fire with a 9-mm pistol in the hotel room
where he and former prison cellmate Stanley Thomas, 29, were holed up.

The wrinkled avenger also blew Thomas' testicles to kingdom
come, but doctors managed to save his mangled penis, police said. The one
guy, Thomas, didn't lose his manhood, but the doctor I talked to said he
won't be using it the way he used to, Detective Delp told reporters. Both
men are still in pretty bad shape, but I think they're just happy to be
alive after what they've been through.

The Rambo Granny swung into action August 21 after her
granddaughter Debbie was carjacked and raped in broad daylight by two
knife-wielding creeps in a section of town bordering on skid row. "When I
saw the look on my Debbie's face that night in the hospital, I decided I was
going to go out and get those *******s myself 'cause I figured the Law would
go easy on them," recalled the retired library worker. "And I wasn't scared
of them, either-- because I've got me a gun and I've been shootin' all my
life. And I wasn't dumb enough to turn it in when the law changed about
owning one."

So, using a police artist's sketch of the suspects and Debbie's
description of the sickos', tough-as-nails Ava spent seven days prowling the
wino-infested neighborhood where the crime took place till she spotted the
ill fated rapists entering their flophouse hotel.

I knew it was them the minute I saw 'em, but I shot a picture of
'em anyway and took it back to Debbie and she said sure as hell, it was
them, the oldster recalled.

So I went back to that hotel and found their room and knocked on
the door and the minute the big one, Furth, opened the door, I shot 'em
right square between the legs, right where it would really hurt 'em most,
you know.

Then I went in and shot the other one as he backed up pleading
to me to spare him. Then I went down to the police station and turned myself
in.

Now, baffled lawmen are trying to figure out exactly how to deal
with the vigilante granny. What she did was wrong, and she broke the law,
but it is difficult to throw an 81-year-old woman in prison, Det. Delp said,
especially when 3 million people in the city want to nominate her for
sainthood and a medal.

Dave Hinz

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 13:36:12 -0500, Carl wrote:

Now, baffled lawmen are trying to figure out exactly how to deal
with the vigilante granny. What she did was wrong, and she broke the law,
but it is difficult to throw an 81-year-old woman in prison, Det. Delp said,
especially when 3 million people in the city want to nominate her for
sainthood and a medal.

Sounds like a ticket for breaking a noise ordinance would be most
appropriate.
Terry Collins

Carl wrote:

The RAMBO Granny of Melbourne, Australia

She is definitely going to prision this time. This is the third
granddaughter of hers that has been raped and she has busted up people
over.

If you know the source of this article, I might apply for a job there. I
know a few other places besides Melbourne and a few other shaggy dog
stories I could make up^h^h^h compose like;
Killer Kangaroo shoots hunter with own gun, steals coat.
Big All eats another tourist for lunch at holiday farm.
Girl Missing, Beleived taken by Black Panther left by US airman
after WWII,
The Yowie backs and smells bad, real bad!

{:-)
Charles A. Sherwood

I bet this is a urban legend because I've heard it before.

John Husvar

In article ,
Ignoramus14288 wrote:

Sounds like an urban legend and a writeup of a "gun enthusiast" rather
than a news reporter. I can "smell it".

Oh, wait a minute:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/librar...ing_granny.htm

``Comments: Great story without a shred of truth. The tale of
"gun-toting granny" Ava Estelle of Melbourne, Australia began
circulating via email in early February 2000 ? days after it was
originally published in the Weekly World News, an American tabloid
renowned for its highly entertaining but all-too-often
factually-challenged content. An early Usenet posting of the story
dated February 7, 2000 contains a link (now defunct) to the text on
the WWN Website. The original title of the piece, which Aussie readers
were quick to recognize as fake because it's heavily laden with
American slang, was "Granbo."''

The weakly Whirled News factually-challenged? Have you always had that
gift for understatement?

Tom Miller

I've lived in Melbourne since 1980, and Channel Nine news would have had a
storey like that on at 6:00 o'clock every night for a month. Its a great
storey, but absolutely pure bulldust.

Tom

"Ignoramus14288" wrote in message
[...]

Don Foreman

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 13:36:12 -0500, Carl wrote:

The RAMBO Granny of Melbourne, Australia

(snip)

You do no service by promulgating this sort of crap. If your sit
requiresbeing armed, then be armed. Others can and will make their
own decisions appropriate to their situations regardless of your
bleating.

Responsible men and women own guns and are skilled in their use as
necessary under their circumstances.
Carl

Don Foreman wrote:

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 13:36:12 -0500, Carl wrote:

The RAMBO Granny of Melbourne, Australia

(snip)

You do no service by promulgating this sort of crap.

Hey! It's a fun story! Who is supposed to not be serviced in your mind anyway?
Lighten up!

If your sit
requiresbeing armed, then be armed.

No one is talking about forming a lynching party!

Others can and will make their
own decisions appropriate to their situations regardless of your
bleating.

As we all do!

Responsible men and women own guns and are skilled in their use as
necessary under their circumstances.

Enough of the commercials already.

Don Foreman

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:05:19 -0500, Carl wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:

Hey! It's a fun story! Who is supposed to not be serviced in your mind anyway?
Lighten up!

OK, sorry. My concern was that such stories might encourage fools
that shooting people is as trivial as it is portrayed to be on TV and
in electronic games.

Here in MN we've just recently had a couple of events where civilians
were killed by gunfire by misguided people: one a squabble over a
deer stand in adjacent WS and another in a school on an Indian
reservation. I admit to being a bit twitchy about trivialization
of shooting people. It is not a joke.

If your sit
requiresbeing armed, then be armed.

No one is talking about forming a lynching party!

Lynching is a mob-hysterical group event. Mutilation by gunfire is
one-on-one with individual accountability for rounds fired that hit.
In civilian life, responsibility follows the bullet.

Others can and will make their
own decisions appropriate to their situations regardless of your
bleating.

As we all do!

Responsible men and women own guns and are skilled in their use as
necessary under their circumstances.

Enough of the commercials already.

It wasn't meant to be a commerical. I omitted explicitly appending
"or not" because it's implicit in "as necessary....."

Since you missed that inference, might others misconstrue the
vigilante granny bit? QED....