Carl

Thank you Don. I know a lot of bad stuff goes on. Not sure why or how to stop it.
We just come to live with it.

Don Foreman wrote:

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:05:19 -0500, Carl wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:

Hey! It's a fun story! Who is supposed to not be serviced in your mind anyway?
Lighten up!

OK, sorry. My concern was that such stories might encourage fools
that shooting people is as trivial as it is portrayed to be on TV and
in electronic games.

Here in MN we've just recently had a couple of events where civilians
were killed by gunfire by misguided people: one a squabble over a
deer stand in adjacent WS and another in a school on an Indian
reservation. I admit to being a bit twitchy about trivialization
of shooting people. It is not a joke.

If your sit
requiresbeing armed, then be armed.

No one is talking about forming a lynching party!

Lynching is a mob-hysterical group event. Mutilation by gunfire is
one-on-one with individual accountability for rounds fired that hit.
In civilian life, responsibility follows the bullet.

Others can and will make their
own decisions appropriate to their situations regardless of your
bleating.

As we all do!

Responsible men and women own guns and are skilled in their use as
necessary under their circumstances.

Enough of the commercials already.

It wasn't meant to be a commerical. I omitted explicitly appending
"or not" because it's implicit in "as necessary....."

Since you missed that inference, might others misconstrue the
vigilante granny bit? QED....