Gunner

Default Fadal Mills for sale

A friend has two Fadal mills for sale, as he is retiring.

VMC20 and VMC 4020

Both are absolutely minty, working perfectly, clean, well maintained

Both have the FADAL CNC 88 control.

Both were new in 1985.

I have pictures if anyone is interested.

Both are located in Bakersfield California,

$20,000 for the pair, which includes a huge cabinet of tooling, and a
4th axis unit for the 4020.

Both are under power and will be available for inspection.

Drop me an email if you are interested. Ill send you pictures and
contact info.

Gunner

Proctologically Violated©®

"Gunner" wrote in message
A friend has two Fadal mills for sale, as he is retiring.

VMC20 and VMC 4020

Both are absolutely minty, working perfectly, clean, well maintained

Both have the FADAL CNC 88 control.

Both were new in 1985.

I have pictures if anyone is interested.

Both are located in Bakersfield California,

$20,000 for the pair, which includes a huge cabinet of tooling, and a
4th axis unit for the 4020.

Both are under power and will be available for inspection.

Drop me an email if you are interested. Ill send you pictures and
contact info.

Hey all, any opinions on whether this is a good deal? Seems like it is.
What would freight/rigging be to NYC ground level, approx'ly??
Just curious, as I already took delivery, and proly couldn't fit a 4020...
But maybe...
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

Gunner

Proctologically Violated©®

I guess a better question would be:

What would be the likely diffs between a 1985 fadal and a 1998 machine w/
the cnc88HS control?
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in message

"Gunner" wrote in message
[...]

ATP*

"Gunner" wrote in message
[...]

I don't remember the model numbers, there were a couple of Fadal VMC's at
the WEBA auction in Nassau last year that failed to draw any bids at an
absolute auction. They were in working condition, I guess moving them would
have cost too much.

PrecisionMachinisT

"Gunner" wrote in message
A friend has two Fadal mills for sale, as he is retiring.

VMC20 and VMC 4020

Both are absolutely minty, working perfectly, clean, well maintained

Both have the FADAL CNC 88 control.

Both were new in 1985.

I have pictures if anyone is interested.

Both are located in Bakersfield California,

$20,000 for the pair, which includes a huge cabinet of tooling, and a
4th axis unit for the 4020.

Both are under power and will be available for inspection.

Drop me an email if you are interested. Ill send you pictures and
contact info.

Hey all, any opinions on whether this is a good deal? Seems like it is.
What would freight/rigging be to NYC ground level, approx'ly??
Just curious, as I already took delivery, and proly couldn't fit a

4020...
But maybe...

Turcite is probly worn out.

--

SVL

Garlicdude

PrecisionMachinisT wrote:

Hey all, any opinions on whether this is a good deal? Seems like it is.
What would freight/rigging be to NYC ground level, approx'ly??
Just curious, as I already took delivery, and proly couldn't fit a

4020...
But maybe...

Turcite is probly worn out.

--

SVL

Wouldn't they also have sloooow rapids?? 300 IPM or so?
--
Regards,
Steve Saling
BottleBob

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote:

I guess a better question would be:

What would be the likely diffs between a 1985 fadal and a 1998 machine w/
the cnc88HS control?

PV:

Just a couple of items, I *believe* 1985 Fadals are not completely
enclosed machines, have only a 10 HP motor, and you have to manually
change belts to get into the three separate speed ranges, no rigid
tapping.
But it still seems like a good deal for someone just trying to get into
CNC.
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob
Proctologically Violated©®

For a person in Manhattan, the 4020's enclosure would be a room in a NYC
apt.--mebbe the whole apt, in the more fashionable areas.
W/ a shower.
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"BottleBob" wrote in message
"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote:

I guess a better question would be:

What would be the likely diffs between a 1985 fadal and a 1998 machine w/
the cnc88HS control?

PV:

Just a couple of items, I *believe* 1985 Fadals are not completely
enclosed machines, have only a 10 HP motor, and you have to manually
change belts to get into the three separate speed ranges, no rigid
tapping.
But it still seems like a good deal for someone just trying to get into
CNC.
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

PrecisionMachinisT

"Garlicdude" wrote in message
PrecisionMachinisT wrote:

Hey all, any opinions on whether this is a good deal? Seems like it

is.
What would freight/rigging be to NYC ground level, approx'ly??
Just curious, as I already took delivery, and proly couldn't fit a

4020...
But maybe...

Turcite is probly worn out.

--

SVL

Wouldn't they also have sloooow rapids?? 300 IPM or so?

Dunno about that.....

Pretty sure the spindle wont have air-purge and so spindle life / condition
could be an issue, depending upon what type coolant was used ( if any ) and
how well it was maintained....

Then there is the issue of the older controls....some of the menus and
utilities like graphics, canned subroutines like circular and rectangular
pocketing, etc. that some of us might take for granted could very well not
be there depending on the exact card configuration / combination that's
installed on the backplane, unless it's been upgraded at some point...

And I'm thinking that with some of the earliest versions there wasn't even a
'quick keys menu' available, and so pretty much all of operator menus, data
tables, etc. were only accessable via 'two letter codes' from the command
line--but this is pure conjecture on my part as the oldest Fadal we have
in-house has a 1400-3 CPU and so I have no experience as far as any of the
earlier hard and firmware versions are concerned.

Perhaps Neal or someone else will chime in....

--

SVL