Charles Morrill

Default Cabin Fever vendor...

I'm trying to find the vendor of Chinese digital scales and other
Chinese supplies who exhibited at the recent Cabin Fever Expo in the
room with the steamboat pond...
Can anyone help?
While I buy exclusively Starrett for my own measuring stuff, I
need a cheap four inch digital scale for a wood moulding profile
grinder at work. It may get wet occaisionally so I don't want a
high-dollar item.

Many thanks if you can help, Charles Morrill

Wild Bill

I dunno who the vendor is that you're looking for, but there are numerous
tool dealers that are selling those Chinese digital scales, several of 'em
are selling them on eBay.

JTS Machinery in Ohio is a reliable dealer. Their website probably has
similar pricing, but the lowest priced scales I've seen on eBay are about
$36 for the 6" scale (horizontal LCD display), but higher cost (maybe $46)
for the vertical model.
If you can fit a 6" on that machine, it might be cheaper than looking for a
4" model.

WB

"Charles Morrill" wrote in message
I'm trying to find the vendor of Chinese digital scales and other
Chinese supplies who exhibited at the recent Cabin Fever Expo in the
room with the steamboat pond...
Can anyone help?
While I buy exclusively Starrett for my own measuring stuff, I
need a cheap four inch digital scale for a wood moulding profile
grinder at work. It may get wet occaisionally so I don't want a
high-dollar item.

Many thanks if you can help, Charles Morrill

Charles Morrill

Thank you!

Lance A Boyle

This guy sells the Chinese scales too...
http://www.littlemachineshop.com/pro...ory=-561213210

Lance

Charles Morrill wrote:
Thank you!

J Gold

Hi,

One of them was CDCO Machinery Corp http://www.cdcotools.com/index.php
(I took one of their catalogs)

Charles Morrill wrote:
I'm trying to find the vendor of Chinese digital scales and other
Chinese supplies who exhibited at the recent Cabin Fever Expo in the
room with the steamboat pond...
Can anyone help?
While I buy exclusively Starrett for my own measuring stuff, I need
a cheap four inch digital scale for a wood moulding profile grinder at
work. It may get wet occaisionally so I don't want a high-dollar item.

Many thanks if you can help, Charles Morrill

Errol Groff

JTS is a reliable dealer. I ordered 6 8" digital calipers for my
students on Tuesday and they arrived on Friday. Why you ask on
Tuesday? Because Tuesday is Chinese tool sale day at JTS and the
prices are extra good.

Errol Groff

Instructor, Machine Tool Department

H.H. Ellis Technical High School
643 Upper Maple Street
Dantieson, CT 06239

New England Model Engineering Society
www.nene-s.org

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 01:11:46 -0500, "Wild Bill"
wrote:

[...]

Don Foreman

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 00:29:19 GMT, Charles Morrill
wrote:

I'm trying to find the vendor of Chinese digital scales and other
Chinese supplies who exhibited at the recent Cabin Fever Expo in the
room with the steamboat pond...
Can anyone help?
While I buy exclusively Starrett for my own measuring stuff, I
need a cheap four inch digital scale for a wood moulding profile
grinder at work. It may get wet occaisionally so I don't want a
high-dollar item.

Many thanks if you can help, Charles Morrill

These are sometimes on sale for $9.95. They seem to work fine. I
have several of them.

CarlC

That's the one I was thinking of. I met them at NAMES last April and
have ordered from them since. Ask for their Catalog. Good prices
and good service. My 'buddy' bought a longer digital scale and
mounted it on his mill for the "Z" axis .. he loves it.

Carl

Charles Morrill wrote:
I'm trying to find the vendor of Chinese digital scales and other

Lew Hartswick

One of them was CDCO Machinery Corp http://www.cdcotools.com/index.php
(I took one of their catalogs)

Intresting spelling of " fluet " . Wonder if the typist is dyslexic ? :-)
...lew...