Philippe

Default laser cut

Hello,

what is the average accuracy for sheet steel laser cut parts?

thanks
--
Philippe Vessaire Ò¿Ó¬

Tim Killian

We've had parts cut from .063 aluminum sheet with .005 accuracy.

Philippe wrote:

Hello,

what is the average accuracy for sheet steel laser cut parts?

thanks

David R. Birch

Philippe wrote:

Hello,

what is the average accuracy for sheet steel laser cut parts?

thanks

It depends on the type and thickness of the material. On thin steel, under
..060", +/-.002" can be done with some care, but we usually quote +/- .005".
Thick stuff like 3/4" A36 gets a taper, so +/- .010 or even .015.

David R. Birch
The LASER Shop
262-502-1111
Lucky Strike

what is the typical cost of cutting mild steel 0.25" per inch vs cutting
aluminum or stainless?

How does the cost of laser compare to plasma cutting?