DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Before you shoot cats.... (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/95284-re-before-you-shoot-cats.html)

Don Bruder April 16th 05 08:05 PM

In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

"Don Bruder" wrote in message
In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Cydrome Leader says...

My friend in high school lived next to a very good
Chinese resturant. His brother did find cat heads
in the trash there once.

That's about as strange a your friend digging in restaurant trash.

My friend's *brother*. Get it straight if you're going to
gripe.

Apparently you've forgotten what it's like to be a pre-teenage
boy.

Jim

Not only that, but a couple of hours spent on misc.survivalist.nutbags

would
uncover an entire subculture in this country that would be completely
unsurprised to hear about people scrounging such sources for the makings

for
some fresh head cheese.

Or just "tonight's dinner"...

And why not eat something out of a dumpster if it's
intact/clean/otherwise acceptable?

For the same reason you don't **** in a storm sewer or drink from mud
puddles. You probably could get away with either, but you never know, and
it's embarrassing as hell if you get caught and have to explain yourself.

Only a dumb**** (sounds like you just MIGHT be in that category, what
with your snotty response, Ed.) is going to "eat **** in a storm sewer",
but I've drank from many a mud puddle many times in my life. (The key is
let it settle for a bit or strain it through a wadded up sweatshirt to
get rid of the grit - If it's in full sun, it's *HIGHLY* unlikely to
present a microbial threat, and unless you're in an industrial waste
dump, pollutants are likely a non-issue)

As far as embarrassment or explaining, there is none. Some gloating at
times, perhaps - Hah! Look at this! A case of $2.49/pt strawberries with
one of the pint baskets crushed into "no longer pretty enough to sell",
and the rest of the case untouched. SNATCH! Half a case of "outdated"
kraft macaroni and cheese, intact and soon-to-be delicious. Mmmm! A
bundle of carrots, complete with greens. Eww... One's got a squishy
spot. No biggie... plonk Back into the dumpster with that one. The
rest into the bag. 17 cans of creamed corn, outdated, and two of them
obviously dropped, but otherwise intact. SNARF! What's "Auebulita"? Some
kind of mexican chocolate? OK, I'll take a couple packages of that half
case or so of it, just to see what it's all about. Dang! Sticker says
the stuff costs 7 bucks a package? Must be good! We'll find out. And
those two cans of pork and beans ought to go down real nice - Wonder why
they're here? No dents... no bulges... labels intact... "Best Before"
date still 8 months in the future... shrug I ain't gonna argue... into
the bag with 'em! YOWZA! JACKPOT!!!! 15 cans of outdated StarKist Tuna
in spring water!!! Wooohooo!!!! We've got *GOOD* eatin' going on tonight!

Y'see, Ed, for those not as prissy as you, "Dumpster diving" is a
recognized "sport" that can be anywhere from a very good subsistence
living, to a profit-making enterprise, depending on various factors. And
I *WELCOME* your "scorn" - It means you aren't out there competing with
me for the best stuff.

Stores throw away ridiculous
quantities of perfectly good food every day of the week, simply because
the label says it's "outdated". Never mind that it's an item that stays
good for literally years - The label says it's outdated, so we gotta
throw it away.

Yes, they do. Even worse, there are tens of thousands of people going hungry
in this country, and our public parks, at least here in the northeast, are
LOADED with hundreds of thousands of perfectly good, nutritious, and
absolutely delicious overly domesticated Canada geese that you could grab
and strangle after dark with no trouble at all. And, unlike the trash-can
and dumpster-diving way of gathering your food, you at least know where
these geese have been. uurrp. . .

I can tell from your prima-donna response that you've never been faced
with the reality of being truly hungry, Ed. May your luck forever remain
so good. For those of us who have had to face the choice of eating
something that would make a billy goat puke or going hungry, it's a
no-brainer. Obviously, though, you're better than us. But as I said, I'm
glad you're such a prissy little piece of **** - You're not competing
with me for the good stuff that can be had for the taking.

--
Don Bruder - - New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.
See http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd/main/contact.html for full details.

Ed Huntress April 16th 05 08:53 PM

"Don Bruder" wrote in message
In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

"Don Bruder" wrote in message
In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

"jim rozen" wrote in message
[...]

You misread the sentence, Don. That's **** in a storm sewer, drink from a
mud puddle. You shouldn't do both in the same place.

but I've drank from many a mud puddle many times in my life.

I'll bet that was you that I saw bent over a ditch one day. Do you wear a
wide-brimmed straw hat?

Here's a helpful hint: Wear knee pads.

(The key is
let it settle for a bit or strain it through a wadded up sweatshirt to
get rid of the grit - If it's in full sun, it's *HIGHLY* unlikely to
present a microbial threat, and unless you're in an industrial waste
dump, pollutants are likely a non-issue)

We'll see if we can get *that* helpful hint into the next Boy Scout
Handbook.

It IS an idea for a new way to market those expensive little bottles of
water. "VitaSurviva -- It's the one with the oil film on top and the mud on
the bottom."

The tagline is "Survive THIS!"

As far as embarrassment or explaining, there is none.

I had a feeling you were going to say that. It's hard to look dignified when
your feet are sticking up out of a dumpster and your head is in the bottom,
but some of us are just less concerned about how that looks on the front
page of the local paper.

Some gloating at
times, perhaps - Hah! Look at this! A case of $2.49/pt strawberries with
one of the pint baskets crushed into "no longer pretty enough to sell",
and the rest of the case untouched.

Not to mention the gloating when you peel a flattened 'possum off the
highway, and wave it like a flag at all of the dumb people who passed it by!

SNATCH! Half a case of "outdated"
kraft macaroni and cheese, intact and soon-to-be delicious. Mmmm!

You can dry it and make something like pemmican out of it, you know. Just
boil it for two or three hours and then spread it out on a rock. When it
firms up, slice it into 1/4" slices and hang it on a clothesline until it
gets good and hard. It's light for travelling, it's loaded with calories,
and it's Sooooo good...

bundle of carrots, complete with greens. Eww... One's got a squishy
spot. No biggie... plonk Back into the dumpster with that one. The
rest into the bag. 17 cans of creamed corn, outdated, and two of them
obviously dropped, but otherwise intact. SNARF! What's "Auebulita"? Some
kind of mexican chocolate? OK, I'll take a couple packages of that half
case or so of it, just to see what it's all about. Dang! Sticker says
the stuff costs 7 bucks a package? Must be good! We'll find out. And
those two cans of pork and beans ought to go down real nice - Wonder why
they're here? No dents... no bulges... labels intact... "Best Before"
date still 8 months in the future... shrug I ain't gonna argue... into
the bag with 'em! YOWZA! JACKPOT!!!! 15 cans of outdated StarKist Tuna
in spring water!!! Wooohooo!!!! We've got *GOOD* eatin' going on tonight!

You're an everyday gourmet, Don. What do you do with half-eaten sub
sanwiches? Fish heads?

Y'see, Ed, for those not as prissy as you, "Dumpster diving" is a
recognized "sport" that can be anywhere from a very good subsistence
living, to a profit-making enterprise, depending on various factors.

Like, whether you live in a crack gallery or are incapable of getting a job.

And
I *WELCOME* your "scorn" - It means you aren't out there competing with
me for the best stuff.

You show 'em, Don. I'll keep an eye out for your feet sticking out of the
dumpsters.

I can tell from your prima-donna response that you've never been faced
with the reality of being truly hungry, Ed.

And I can tell from your long-distance imaginings that you've never been
faced with the problem of having to think about what you're saying, Don.

May your luck forever remain
so good.

Thank you! I've always been flexible about the kind of work I'll do if I
have to. That's why I don't have to dive in dumpsters. I highly recommend
it, because there always are some jobs out there, if you aren't too dumb or
too egotistical to take them.

Obviously, though, you're better than us. But as I said, I'm
glad you're such a prissy little piece of **** - You're not competing
with me for the good stuff that can be had for the taking.

Likewise, Don. I don't see many computer-competent people who dive for
garbage in the places I've had to apply for work. I think they'd stand out,
especially in a closed room with little ventilation.

--
Ed Huntress

Don Bruder April 16th 05 11:17 PM

In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

snip the entire mess

Y'know, Ed, I actually considered responding to this one in a somewhat
civilized, but then decided that the effort wuld be wasted on an asshole
like you.

Some of us actually have to face the real world and all its expenses. We
have to scrounge for everything we have, make do with second best, or
just plain do without altogether. Others, yourself obviously being one
of them, get everything they want handed to them for the asking, and
have no appreciation for being "the fortunate son".

Well, Ed, **** you and your pompous bull**** and your attitude to those
less fortunate than yourself. I imagine you're one of the ****heads that
kicks the homeless guy on the corner on your way to your fancy
apartment, too. If there's any justice in the world, you, and anyone
like you, will be brought just as low as that poor ******* on the corner
so you can know first-hand exactly what it's like to have to scrape by
on whatever can be had. And the "fun" of doing without when there isn't
anything, even garbage, to eat.

Y'see, Ed, not everybody "poor" is there by choice. And despite your
saying so, living at or below the poverty line doesn't imply that
someone is a crackhead, a burnout, lazy, unintelligent, or anything else
other than "doesn't have much if any money". For the record, I'm
computer qualified - I can operate on all of the "big three" OSes,
program in several languages, use most commercial software packages with
at least reasonable competence, and even go inside the box with a
soldering iron if needed to fix hardware problems. I've been working
with computers and electronics since I was 9, and have more self-taught
experience and knowledge than many degreed and certified people out
there making "the big bucks". The difference between me and them? I
don't have the piece of paper that says so, and I can't afford to take
the time from scraping enough food together to feed me for another day
or the money it would take to GET that piece of paper to make my
knowledge "official". Without that all-powerful piece of paper that
isn't even fit to use for wiping my ass, nobody will pay me to put my
knowledge to use for them.

Now, were I given thge backing of "Here's all your needs met,
concentrate on getting that piece of paper and when you do, you've got a
high-dollar job", I'd be rolling in clover. But I can't spend either the
time OR the money to get it because I'm too busy struggling for
day-to-day existence, thanks to assholes like you.

So, Ed, to you I offer a hearty "Until you come live in MY world for a
year, you and your attitude can go **** yourself."

Ed Huntress April 17th 05 01:46 AM

"Don Bruder" wrote in message
In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

snip the entire mess

Y'know, Ed, I actually considered responding to this one in a somewhat
civilized, but then decided that the effort wuld be wasted on an asshole
like you.

You're the one who can program in multiple languages and go inside the box
with a soldering iron, Don, yet you justify scrounging your food out of
other peoples' garbage and make fun of them because they're so dumb. You say
you've drank "from many a mud puddle many times" in your life. What the hell
for? Who is the asshole here?

Something is very fishy about your alledged situation. You're computer
literate -- more than literate, by quite a lot -- you apparently have a
computer, you're articulate. . .and you scrounge out of garbage cans.

Either there's something screwy between your ears or you won't get a job
outside of your field. Is there some reason you're not fit for work?

How about driving a truck? You wouldn't have to scrounge anymore. Or is that
beneath you?

--
Ed Huntress

Don Bruder April 17th 05 02:13 AM

In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

"Don Bruder" wrote in message
In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

[...]

Hey Ed?

Go **** yourself. You know NOTHING of me. But I know everything needed
about you: You're a holier-than-thou ****head who has been handed
everything in his life, and operates on the all-too popular "I've got
mine, so **** you" principle, with no interest or concern for his fellow
man.

I'm amazed and awed, in a way - I've finally found someone who's more
uncaring, more self-centered, more hard-hearted than myself, more
self-assured, and a bigger asshole than I am. Helluva thought, ain't it
Ed? I used to think I was the biggest prick in the world. God knows I've
had enough people tell me so. But now that you and your **** comes
along, I see that I am, and always will be, at best, second banana to
you in the asshole department.

I thought *I* was a misanthrope, but you take the cake, buddy.

Begone from my sight. You disgust me.

Ed Huntress April 17th 05 02:42 AM

"Don Bruder" wrote in message
In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

"Don Bruder" wrote in message
In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

[...]

Right. You seem awfully bitter about being disadvantaged in some way, Don.
But you have the tools. If you can dumpster-dive you need to be at least a
little physically fit. g And there is no problem with your ability to
articulate, nor, from what you say, do you suffer from stupidity.
Programming and hardware-level repair of computers is not something that the
mentally challenged generally do.

I'm amazed and awed, in a way - I've finally found someone who's more
uncaring, more self-centered, more hard-hearted than myself, more
self-assured, and a bigger asshole than I am. Helluva thought, ain't it
Ed? I used to think I was the biggest prick in the world. God knows I've
had enough people tell me so.

Maybe that's the real job issue? If so, freelance at something from home.
Nobody cares if you're a prick then.

But now that you and your **** comes
along, I see that I am, and always will be, at best, second banana to
you in the asshole department.

I thought *I* was a misanthrope, but you take the cake, buddy.

Well, nobody I've worked with has ever told *me* I'm the biggest prick
they've ever met, so I can't really put myself in your shoes.

Begone from my sight. You disgust me.

We're not likely to run into each other, Don.

--
Ed Huntress

Peter Fairbrother April 17th 05 02:58 AM

Ed Huntress wrote:

Either there's something screwy between your ears or you won't get a job
outside of your field. Is there some reason you're not fit for work?

How about driving a truck? You wouldn't have to scrounge anymore. Or is that
beneath you?

I don't know you. I don't know him. I haven't been following this thread.

People scrounge for reasons that have nothing to do with their financial
reality or capability. Sometimes it's just for the gratification that the
giver cares enough to give, and that is more important than the given thing.
Sometimes it's for other reasons.

They are not mad - they just have a viewpoint that assigns scrounging in a
different place than most people do.

Been there. Done that. A girl immediately caused it, but was not responsible
for it. Also, it was sort of interesting.

Didn't like it after a while, or more, I learned to see the advantages of a
steady income etc. Hey, I am a genius after all. I was born that way, it
wasn't anything I did.

Strange thing, I met a lot of other geniuses (well, a few, but some were
distinctly cleverer than me, and it's kinda unusual for me to meet those
kinds ever, although it does happen, and especially surprising to meet them)
in the gutter.

-- Peter Fairbrother

Oh here we go slithering, here we go slithering and squelching on
Oh here we go slithering, here we go slithering and squelching on

May the long time sun shine upon you
All love surround you
And the pure light within you
Guide you all the way on.

Excerpts from "A Very Cellular Song" by Mike Heron
- You can sing both together, in harmony. :)

Ed Huntress April 17th 05 04:45 AM

"Peter Fairbrother" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:

Either there's something screwy between your ears or you won't get a job
outside of your field. Is there some reason you're not fit for work?

How about driving a truck? You wouldn't have to scrounge anymore. Or is

that
beneath you?

I don't know you. I don't know him. I haven't been following this thread.

People scrounge for reasons that have nothing to do with their financial
reality or capability.

But that isn't the case here, Peter. Don says he "had to face" eating other
peoples' garbage. There are enough safety nets around that an articulate,
computer-literate guy like Don doesn't *have to* eat other peoples' garbage.
That's a choice, not a necessity, unless he can't find his way to a soup
kitchen.

Sometimes it's just for the gratification that the
giver cares enough to give, and that is more important than the given

thing.
Sometimes it's for other reasons.

I'm not following you but your first example doesn't sound like scrounging.
It sounds like accepting a handout, which many people *do* have to do at
some point in their lives. 'Nothing wrong with that. But drinking out of mud
puddles, even if they're filtered through a sweatshirt, as Don describes, is
evidence that something other than necessity is at work here.

As for "other reasons," I'd be interested to know how many are necessities,
and how many are absurdities or emotional problems.

They are not mad - they just have a viewpoint that assigns scrounging in a
different place than most people do.

That's a little abstract for my literal mind. You'd have to get specific
before I could understand what you're referring to.

The subject, BTW, was scrounging cat's heads out of the garbage at Chinese
restaurants. Are we on track here?

Been there. Done that. A girl immediately caused it, but was not

responsible
for it. Also, it was sort of interesting.

Didn't like it after a while, or more, I learned to see the advantages of

steady income etc. Hey, I am a genius after all. I was born that way, it
wasn't anything I did.

Strange thing, I met a lot of other geniuses (well, a few, but some were
distinctly cleverer than me, and it's kinda unusual for me to meet those
kinds ever, although it does happen, and especially surprising to meet

them)
in the gutter.

Everybody has his cross to bear, Peter. Geniuses in the gutter are people in
trouble.

--
Ed Huntress

Peter Fairbrother April 17th 05 05:01 AM

Everybody has his cross to bear, Peter. Geniuses in the gutter are people in
trouble.

or looking at the stars ...

jim rozen April 17th 05 02:09 PM

In article , Ed Huntress says...

... Don says he "had to face" eating other
peoples' garbage. There are enough safety nets around that an articulate,
computer-literate guy like Don doesn't *have to* eat other peoples' garbage.
That's a choice, not a necessity, unless he can't find his way to a soup
kitchen.

Aside from Don's *ahem* remarkable people skills, he is correct on one
point. Around here there is a solid network of what might be called
'second hand food networks.' [1]

Basically, resturants take food that they would probably dumpster,
but is completely edible - and set it aside for pickup. Drivers
pick this up daily and bring it for sorting and re-distribution to
various charity kitchens. Apparently it makes a big difference.

Jim

[1] *Not* the kind of second-hand food that gets handled by those
big tanker trucks with the hoses wrapped around them.... :)

please reply to:

Ed Huntress April 17th 05 02:41 PM

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Ed Huntress says...

... Don says he "had to face" eating other
peoples' garbage. There are enough safety nets around that an articulate,
computer-literate guy like Don doesn't *have to* eat other peoples'

garbage.
That's a choice, not a necessity, unless he can't find his way to a soup
kitchen.

Aside from Don's *ahem* remarkable people skills, he is correct on one
point. Around here there is a solid network of what might be called
'second hand food networks.' [1]

Basically, resturants take food that they would probably dumpster,
but is completely edible - and set it aside for pickup. Drivers
pick this up daily and bring it for sorting and re-distribution to
various charity kitchens. Apparently it makes a big difference.

That isn't drinking out of mud puddles or dumpster-diving in the garbage.
That food has been handled with the understanding that it's going to be
eaten by people. In NJ, and probably in most other states, discarded food
that is garbage used to be collected and hauled to the hog farms.

--
Ed Huntress
(remove "3" from email address for email reply)

Gunner April 17th 05 09:44 PM

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 09:49:59 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Cydrome Leader says...

My friend in high school lived next to a very good
Chinese resturant. His brother did find cat heads
in the trash there once.

That's about as strange a your friend digging in restaurant trash.

My friend's *brother*. Get it straight if you're going to
gripe.

Apparently you've forgotten what it's like to be a pre-teenage
boy.

Jim

Not only that, but a couple of hours spent on misc.survivalist.nutbags would
uncover an entire subculture in this country that would be completely
unsurprised to hear about people scrounging such sources for the makings for
some fresh head cheese.

Is everyone from New Jersey an arrogant elitist twit?

Never mind...I really dont want to know..the answer may be shattering.

Gunner

"The Democratic Party is the party of this popular corruption.
The heart of the Democratic Party and its activist core is
made up of government unions, government dependent professions
(teachers, social workers, civil servants); special interest and
special benefits groups (abortion rights, is a good example) that
feed off the government trough; and ethnic constituencies,
African Americans being the most prominent, who are
disproportionately invested in government jobs and
in programs that government provides.

" The Democratic Party credo is 'Take as much of the people's money as politically feasible, and use that money to buy as many of the people's votes as possible'.
Tax cuts are a threat to this Democratic agenda.
Consequently, Democrats loathe and despise them."
-Semi-reformed Leftist David Horowitz

Gunner April 17th 05 09:47 PM

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 15:53:43 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

Obviously, though, you're better than us. But as I said, I'm
glad you're such a prissy little piece of **** - You're not competing
with me for the good stuff that can be had for the taking.

Likewise, Don. I don't see many computer-competent people who dive for
garbage in the places I've had to apply for work. I think they'd stand out,
especially in a closed room with little ventilation.

--
Ed Huntress

A goodly percentage of the posters here are either logging onto the
internet or cutting metal with stuff they dumpster dived for.

And yes, Ive eaten out of dumpsters more than once..and was damned
happy to do so.

Gunner April 17th 05 09:50 PM

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 09:41:40 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Ed Huntress says...

[...]

Ive commented before on Eds occasional flashes of utter naivate. This
thread is a new one. And speaks volumes about his elitism and
arrogance. Unfortunately.

Shrug..Lets just hope its a New Joisey thing....

Btw...never eat the fish out of a dumpster. Tends to spoil much too
fast. Veggies are better as is the breads and meats cooked Well.

Ed Huntress April 17th 05 10:49 PM

wrote:

Obviously, though, you're better than us. But as I said, I'm
glad you're such a prissy little piece of **** - You're not competing
with me for the good stuff that can be had for the taking.

Likewise, Don. I don't see many computer-competent people who dive for
garbage in the places I've had to apply for work. I think they'd stand

out,
especially in a closed room with little ventilation.

--
Ed Huntress

A goodly percentage of the posters here are either logging onto the
internet or cutting metal with stuff they dumpster dived for.

But they aren't eating it, for chrissake.

And yes, Ive eaten out of dumpsters more than once..and was damned
happy to do so.

My momma told me never to eat out of dumpsters or garbage cans, because you
never know if the restaurant dumps the cat **** on the bottom, or on the
top. And they taught me in Boy Scouts not to drink out of mud puddles.

I know, it's an elitist thing. We don't eat other peoples' garbage.

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress April 17th 05 11:00 PM

"Gunner" wrote in message

That isn't drinking out of mud puddles or dumpster-diving in the garbage.
That food has been handled with the understanding that it's going to be
eaten by people. In NJ, and probably in most other states, discarded food
that is garbage used to be collected and hauled to the hog farms.

Ive commented before on Eds occasional flashes of utter naivate. This
thread is a new one. And speaks volumes about his elitism and
arrogance. Unfortunately.

You've got it, Gunner. I'm part of the Non-Garbage-Eating Elite. We're a
small group, maybe 290,000,000 or so in the US, and you can't become a
member if you eat other people's garbage out of dumpsters.

Btw...never eat the fish out of a dumpster. Tends to spoil much too
fast. Veggies are better as is the breads and meats cooked Well.

I'll take your word for it. Do you soak it all in Clorox, or do you just
scrape the cat **** off first?

--
Ed Huntress

Gunner April 18th 05 08:30 AM

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 18:00:20 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .

That isn't drinking out of mud puddles or dumpster-diving in the garbage.
That food has been handled with the understanding that it's going to be
eaten by people. In NJ, and probably in most other states, discarded food
that is garbage used to be collected and hauled to the hog farms.

Ive commented before on Eds occasional flashes of utter naivate. This
thread is a new one. And speaks volumes about his elitism and
arrogance. Unfortunately.

You've got it, Gunner. I'm part of the Non-Garbage-Eating Elite. We're a
small group, maybe 290,000,000 or so in the US, and you can't become a
member if you eat other people's garbage out of dumpsters.

There are lots of folks who have eaten out of a dumpster on occasion,
during bad times in their lives. Folks who today are very well off.
Im surprised you are not aware of this fact.

Btw...never eat the fish out of a dumpster. Tends to spoil much too
fast. Veggies are better as is the breads and meats cooked Well.

I'll take your word for it. Do you soak it all in Clorox, or do you just
scrape the cat **** off first?

Cat **** in resturant dumpsters? Is this a New Jersey thing?
I can understand the reference to Clorex in NJ...a bit of clorine is
the least of your problems..but cat ****?

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Gunner April 18th 05 08:31 AM

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 17:49:55 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

I know, it's an elitist thing. We don't eat other peoples' garbage.

--
Ed Huntress

Good on you, Mate. I guess you were never starving.

Ed Huntress April 19th 05 12:17 AM

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 18:00:20 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Eating garbage out of dumpsters and then winding up "very well off" is not
something I've come across. Maybe it's a red-state thing.

Btw...never eat the fish out of a dumpster. Tends to spoil much too
fast. Veggies are better as is the breads and meats cooked Well.

I'll take your word for it. Do you soak it all in Clorox, or do you just
scrape the cat **** off first?

Cat **** in resturant dumpsters? Is this a New Jersey thing?
I can understand the reference to Clorex in NJ...a bit of clorine is
the least of your problems..but cat ****?

Restaurant garbage cans are pretty much the same all over. Maybe you've just
gotten used to the taste and don't notice it anymore. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress April 19th 05 12:30 AM

wrote:

I know, it's an elitist thing. We don't eat other peoples' garbage.

--
Ed Huntress

Good on you, Mate. I guess you were never starving.

Not in Burundi or Ethiopia, anyway. Fortunately I've done my starving in
places where I could catch some fish or get some kind of work. One time I
did daywork squirting plastic seahorses into a piece of crap molding machine
for $1.75/hour. Another time I worked on a pickup crew trimming Christmas
trees in July. I was able to eat on that.

If you have four limbs and your brain works reasonably well, and if you're
in North America, there's no reason you have to eat other peoples' garbage.

--
Ed Huntress

Gunner April 19th 05 03:36 AM

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 19:30:42 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I know, it's an elitist thing. We don't eat other peoples' garbage.

--
Ed Huntress

Good on you, Mate. I guess you were never starving.

Not in Burundi or Ethiopia, anyway. Fortunately I've done my starving in
places where I could catch some fish or get some kind of work. One time I
did daywork squirting plastic seahorses into a piece of crap molding machine
for $1.75/hour. Another time I worked on a pickup crew trimming Christmas
trees in July. I was able to eat on that.

If you have four limbs and your brain works reasonably well, and if you're
in North America, there's no reason you have to eat other peoples' garbage.

It greatly depends on when, and where you are. And how hungry you
are.

But hey. Count your blessings. Making seahorses is much nicer than
trying to determine if its a sprig of parsely, or mold.

Gunner April 19th 05 03:37 AM

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 19:17:10 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

There are lots of folks who have eaten out of a dumpster on occasion,
during bad times in their lives. Folks who today are very well off.
Im surprised you are not aware of this fact.

Eating garbage out of dumpsters and then winding up "very well off" is not
something I've come across. Maybe it's a red-state thing.

Actually, I do know someone who did that. Now owns a significant
portion of Branson Missouri, and a half dozen banks.

Gunner April 19th 05 03:39 AM

wrote:

Cat **** in resturant dumpsters? Is this a New Jersey thing?
I can understand the reference to Clorex in NJ...a bit of clorine is
the least of your problems..but cat ****?

Restaurant garbage cans are pretty much the same all over. Maybe you've just
gotten used to the taste and don't notice it anymore. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Or does restaurant food in New Joisey taste like...New Joisey?

Don Bruder April 19th 05 03:48 AM

wrote:

There are lots of folks who have eaten out of a dumpster on occasion,
during bad times in their lives. Folks who today are very well off.
Im surprised you are not aware of this fact.

Eating garbage out of dumpsters and then winding up "very well off" is not
something I've come across. Maybe it's a red-state thing.

Actually, I do know someone who did that. Now owns a significant
portion of Branson Missouri, and a half dozen banks.

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Forget it, Gunner... Mr. Ed (or perhaps I should say "The south end of a
north-facing Mr. Ed") has conclusively demonstrated that he has no
concept of "waste not, want not", has never actually been more hungry
than "Gee, I wish I had a bagel right about now", and has no conception
of what the real world is like outside his sheltered little corner of
it.

Sure must be nice to go through life without ever experiencing anything
like a hardship. Wish I could be so lucky.

(Oh, BTW, Now that you're in on it and slipping him past my filters, I'm
stuck with no alternative but to whack the whole thread, rather than
just the horse's ass. No offense, G, but I just can't stomach the prick,
even in quoted form)

Ed Huntress April 19th 05 04:00 AM

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 19:30:42 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I know, it's an elitist thing. We don't eat other peoples' garbage.

--
Ed Huntress

Good on you, Mate. I guess you were never starving.

Not in Burundi or Ethiopia, anyway. Fortunately I've done my starving in
places where I could catch some fish or get some kind of work. One time I
did daywork squirting plastic seahorses into a piece of crap molding

machine
for $1.75/hour. Another time I worked on a pickup crew trimming Christmas
trees in July. I was able to eat on that.

If you have four limbs and your brain works reasonably well, and if

you're
in North America, there's no reason you have to eat other peoples'

garbage.

It greatly depends on when, and where you are. And how hungry you
are.

Mostly it depends on how much self-respect you have, if you're a sentient,
physically able adult in North America.

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress April 19th 05 04:18 AM

wrote:

There are lots of folks who have eaten out of a dumpster on occasion,
during bad times in their lives. Folks who today are very well off.
Im surprised you are not aware of this fact.

Eating garbage out of dumpsters and then winding up "very well off" is

not
something I've come across. Maybe it's a red-state thing.

Actually, I do know someone who did that. Now owns a significant
portion of Branson Missouri, and a half dozen banks.

Let's all guess: he ran a chain of soup bistros, right? Overhead was
*really* low, and he made a killing...quite a few killings, actually, but he
managed to get *them* into the soup pot, too, before anybody caught on.

Then he got into garbage arbitrage, no? A big man on the international
used-turnip futures market. You have to move really fast. The shelf life of
your inventory is measured in hours. But he had a nose for the business.

What next? A chain of discount dumpster dealers?

Opportunity is a wonderful thing. Imagine that. From rot to riches.

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress April 19th 05 04:53 AM

wrote:

Cat **** in resturant dumpsters? Is this a New Jersey thing?
I can understand the reference to Clorex in NJ...a bit of clorine is
the least of your problems..but cat ****?

Restaurant garbage cans are pretty much the same all over. Maybe you've

just
gotten used to the taste and don't notice it anymore. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Or does restaurant food in New Joisey taste like...New Joisey?

You'd notice a big difference. We don't marinate our food at 100 degrees in
festering cans of discarded swill. It has this fresh taste that might be
hard to adjust to.

--
Ed Huntress

Gunner April 19th 05 08:28 AM

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 23:00:12 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

It greatly depends on when, and where you are. And how hungry you
are.

Mostly it depends on how much self-respect you have, if you're a sentient,
physically able adult in North America.

--
Ed Huntress

Read the first sentence again. Shrug.

Gunner April 19th 05 08:29 AM

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 23:53:08 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Cat **** in resturant dumpsters? Is this a New Jersey thing?
I can understand the reference to Clorex in NJ...a bit of clorine is
the least of your problems..but cat ****?

Restaurant garbage cans are pretty much the same all over. Maybe you've

just
gotten used to the taste and don't notice it anymore. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Or does restaurant food in New Joisey taste like...New Joisey?

You'd notice a big difference. We don't marinate our food at 100 degrees in
festering cans of discarded swill. It has this fresh taste that might be
hard to adjust to.

Fresh taste? Interesting term for toxic waste.

Ill have to remember that.

Ed Huntress April 19th 05 08:33 AM

"Don Bruder" wrote in message

Forget it, Gunner... Mr. Ed (or perhaps I should say "The south end of a
north-facing Mr. Ed") has conclusively demonstrated that he has no
concept of "waste not, want not", has never actually been more hungry
than "Gee, I wish I had a bagel right about now", and has no conception
of what the real world is like outside his sheltered little corner of
it.

"The real world"? Your world is a dumpster, and your idea of "real world"
living is eating other peoples' garbage?

That must be one pathetic part of the world you live in, Don.

Sure must be nice to go through life without ever experiencing anything
like a hardship. Wish I could be so lucky.

Nobody who owns a computer, who can type and who is articulate -- and who is
able enough to dive into dumpsters and get out again -- has any excuse for
eating out of one, unless he's one seriously screwed up s.o.b.

You eat garbage because you've decided you like the idea, Don, not because
you have to.

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress April 19th 05 08:40 AM

wrote:

It greatly depends on when, and where you are. And how hungry you
are.

Mostly it depends on how much self-respect you have, if you're a

sentient,
physically able adult in North America.

--
Ed Huntress

Read the first sentence again. Shrug.

You sound like a liberal making excuses that he can't get a job and stand on
his own feet, Gunner.

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

....sounds like people who would dumpster-dive for dinner instead of working
for it.

--
Ed Huntress

Gunner April 19th 05 09:18 AM

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 03:40:44 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

It greatly depends on when, and where you are. And how hungry you
are.

Mostly it depends on how much self-respect you have, if you're a

sentient,
physically able adult in North America.

--
Ed Huntress

Read the first sentence again. Shrug.

You sound like a liberal making excuses that he can't get a job and stand on
his own feet, Gunner.

shrug..and you once again, sound like the arrogant, elitist and
terribly naive Easterner we have come to love.

Gunner April 19th 05 09:20 AM

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 03:33:25 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Don Bruder" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Who owned a computer in the 70s?

[email protected] April 19th 05 07:12 PM

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 19:30:42 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I know, it's an elitist thing. We don't eat other peoples' garbage.

Good on you, Mate. I guess you were never starving.

If you have four limbs and your brain works reasonably well, and if you're
in North America, there's no reason you have to eat other peoples' garbage.

At this very moment my wife is taking a truckload of *garbage* to th'
local food bank. She does this every week (seasonal) for a friend of
ours. Up until she started doing this, every bit of that *garbage*
went to th' dump. She usually brings home a box or two for our
consumption.

Our friend owns a roadside fresh produce market. He throws away
anything that might not appeal to th' yuppies... mostly perfectly good
fresh fruits and vegetables. We can and/or freeze what isn't eaten
fresh and it lasts us all year around. It's a lot of work, but it's
delicious, healthy and free. With seven kids, it's helped out
immensely.

Th' folks who have to depend on th' food bank (for whatever reason)
seem to be quite appreciative for that *garbage* as well.

This country is so wasteful, people throw away perfectly good items,
including food, in enormous quantities. I guess that means by eating
*garbage* our brains do not work reasonably well?

Hmm, and all this time I thought being efficient, helpful, healthy and
thrifty were reasonable attributes... who'd a thunk it.

Snarl

Ed Huntress April 19th 05 09:31 PM

wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 19:30:42 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I know, it's an elitist thing. We don't eat other peoples' garbage.

Good on you, Mate. I guess you were never starving.

If you have four limbs and your brain works reasonably well, and if

you're
in North America, there's no reason you have to eat other peoples'

garbage.

At this very moment my wife is taking a truckload of *garbage* to th'
local food bank.

No, she's not. She must be taking *food* to the local food bank.

Food banks don't accept garbage. If the difference isn't clear, the swill
Gunner is talking about is what most people call garbage: a mixture of
discarded food, rotted food, pet feces, old papers, vacuum-cleaner bags, the
contents of trash cans, and so on. It's usually layered in there until the
dumpster is full. Maybe it takes a week to fill one up.

Gunner's job is to separate the layers and minimize exposure of the stuff
he's preparing to eat to the pet feces, etc., while using all of his senses
to determine if the wretched stink is coming from the stuff he's collecting
to eat, or if the stink is safely down several layers lower in the sediment.

When people throw food into a dumpster they're not planning on someone
coming along and making dinner out of it. Their layering and so on is
haphazard: a little rotted hamburger here, a little dog **** there, and so
on. It's not likely that's what your wife is hauling. Taking food that's
destined for human consumption, and which is handled as such by decent and
generous people, has nothing to do with the contents of those dumpsters they
line up behind restaurants.

--
Ed Huntress

[email protected] April 19th 05 11:54 PM

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:31:23 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 19:30:42 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I know, it's an elitist thing. We don't eat other peoples' garbage.

Good on you, Mate. I guess you were never starving.

If you have four limbs and your brain works reasonably well, and if

you're
in North America, there's no reason you have to eat other peoples'

garbage.

At this very moment my wife is taking a truckload of *garbage* to th'
local food bank.

No, she's not. She must be taking *food* to the local food bank.

You snipped th' part about that very same *food* being brought to th'
dump (which is where *garbage* usually goes) if Jeanne doesn't bring
it to th' food bank. By all intents and purposes, it's *garbage*.

Food banks don't accept garbage.

Do you go to food banks often? Have you ever gone to a food bank?
I'm guessing th' answer to both is a resounding nada.

If the difference isn't clear, the swill
Gunner is talking about is what most people call garbage: a mixture of
discarded food, rotted food, pet feces, old papers, vacuum-cleaner bags, the
contents of trash cans, and so on. It's usually layered in there until the
dumpster is full. Maybe it takes a week to fill one up.

And you have intimate knowledge about dumpster contents how again?

Sort of like reading your pompous bull****?

When people throw food into a dumpster they're not planning on someone
coming along and making dinner out of it. Their layering and so on is
haphazard: a little rotted hamburger here, a little dog **** there, and so
on.

You sure do know a lot more about dumpsters than I'd imagined. Do you
take notes?

It's not likely that's what your wife is hauling.

Which part of "it goes to th' dump if she doesn't take it to th' food
bank" don't you get?

Taking food that's
destined for human consumption, and which is handled as such by decent and
generous people, has nothing to do with the contents of those dumpsters they
line up behind restaurants.

Well, I'll just have to defer to your obvious exemplary experience and
knowledge of dumpster contents.

FWIW, I have eaten food out of a dumpster before. A sealed bucket of
fresh, warm KFC with all of th' fixin's right after they closed. I
was a starving college kid in th' 70's and a friend worked there. He
told me they throw away (in th' very same buckets/bags people take to
go) copius quantities of perfectly good food when it's closing time.
Sure as your **** stinks, 10 minutes after th' closed sign went up a
feller made a deposit in that dumpster. And a couple minutes after
that I had me some warm supper. It was finger lickin' good too!

I'm not particularly proud of it, but that task certainly wasn't
beneath me. I know, I know, unreasonable brain and all that rot.

Snarl

Ed Huntress April 20th 05 02:17 AM

wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:31:23 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 19:30:42 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I know, it's an elitist thing. We don't eat other peoples' garbage.

Good on you, Mate. I guess you were never starving.

If you have four limbs and your brain works reasonably well, and if

you're
in North America, there's no reason you have to eat other peoples'

garbage.

At this very moment my wife is taking a truckload of *garbage* to th'
local food bank.

No, she's not. She must be taking *food* to the local food bank.

You snipped th' part about that very same *food* being brought to th'
dump (which is where *garbage* usually goes) if Jeanne doesn't bring
it to th' food bank.

Of course I did. Do you think that garbage you drag out of a restaurant
dumpster is the same thing your wife is taking to the food bank? Is your
wife throwing cat **** and rotted meat in with it?

No? Then it's not the same thing, is it? Unless, like Gunner, your wife digs
it out from piles of trash and slime. I doubt if that's the case.

By all intents and purposes, it's *garbage*.

Oh, what the hell does that mean, "by all intents and purposes." When your
wife hauls food to the food back, is her "intent" that it should all go into
a landfill? Is her "purpose" to dispose of the rotted and corrupted crap
from the bottom of last week's garbage can by mixing it in with the stuff
she's giving the food bank?

No? So it isn't the same "intents," is it. Nor is it for the same "purpose."
If she throws it in with crap in the garbage, then it's garbage. If she
treats it responsibly as food for human consumption, then it isn't garbage.

Are you getting the hang of it yet? Or do you think that it's a perfectly
fine idea to gather your dinner from the bottom of some rot-infested
dumpster? Gunner does.

Food banks don't accept garbage.

Do you go to food banks often? Have you ever gone to a food bank?
I'm guessing th' answer to both is a resounding nada.

What, are you telling me that they get their food from the bottom of
dumpsters? I don't think so. I think you're being ridiculous because you
realize how foolish it is to compare the things your wife generously carries
to the food bank with the corrupted crap on the bottom of a dumpster. She
might not think too much of it, either.

If the difference isn't clear, the swill
Gunner is talking about is what most people call garbage: a mixture of
discarded food, rotted food, pet feces, old papers, vacuum-cleaner bags,

the
contents of trash cans, and so on. It's usually layered in there until

the
dumpster is full. Maybe it takes a week to fill one up.

And you have intimate knowledge about dumpster contents how again?

What kind of stupid question is that? I throw garbage in dumpsters. They're
not where I shop for dinner. I wouldn't feed my dog out of one, let alone
eat out of it.

BTW, when I was at Wasino, the dumpster they left us with one day had a
Toyota V6 engine in the bottom of it, clean as new. We grabbed that one.
Nobody tried to eat it, though.

Gunner's job is to separate the layers and minimize exposure of the stuff
he's preparing to eat to the pet feces, etc., while using all of his

senses
to determine if the wretched stink is coming from the stuff he's

collecting
to eat, or if the stink is safely down several layers lower in the

sediment.

Sort of like reading your pompous bull****?

What kind of an asshole does it take, who has a computer and who apparently
could get some kind of job, to eat out of a dumpster? Do you really think
it's being "pompous" to find that a kind of stupid thing to do? It's worth a
few words.

When people throw food into a dumpster they're not planning on someone
coming along and making dinner out of it. Their layering and so on is
haphazard: a little rotted hamburger here, a little dog **** there, and

so
on.

You sure do know a lot more about dumpsters than I'd imagined. Do you
take notes?

I've fed dumpsters. You don't want to eat out of them. Most sentient people
don't eat out of dumpsters. Nobody in this country has to. It's a matter of
choice.

It's not likely that's what your wife is hauling.

Which part of "it goes to th' dump if she doesn't take it to th' food
bank" don't you get?

Which part of "she didn't drag it out of a dumpster" don't you get?

Taking food that's
destined for human consumption, and which is handled as such by decent

and
generous people, has nothing to do with the contents of those dumpsters

they
line up behind restaurants.

Well, I'll just have to defer to your obvious exemplary experience and
knowledge of dumpster contents.

So I take it, then, that you're a dumpster expert? Maybe you can give Gunner
some tips on disinfecting the contents. A few hours in a heat-treating oven
ought to at least sanitize it.

FWIW, I have eaten food out of a dumpster before. A sealed bucket of
fresh, warm KFC with all of th' fixin's right after they closed. I
was a starving college kid in th' 70's and a friend worked there.

Oh, spare us your sob story. After the first half of my sophomore year I
paid ALL of my college expenses, in an out-of-state college. I went to
school in the mornings, worked at Sears in the afternoons, and ran a
telephone bank until 9:00 PM. As tough as it was, I never had to sink to
eating other peoples' garbage out of dumpsters.

All you're telling us is that, as a college student, you were a slob.

He
told me they throw away (in th' very same buckets/bags people take to
go) copius quantities of perfectly good food when it's closing time.
Sure as your **** stinks, 10 minutes after th' closed sign went up a
feller made a deposit in that dumpster.

And what makes you think you know what was in that "deposit"?

And a couple minutes after
that I had me some warm supper. It was finger lickin' good too!

I'm not particularly proud of it, but that task certainly wasn't
beneath me.

If eating out of dumpsters isn't beneath you, then not much else is.

--
Ed Huntress

Gunner April 20th 05 03:13 AM

wrote:

Food banks don't accept garbage. If the difference isn't clear, the swill
Gunner is talking about is what most people call garbage: a mixture of
discarded food, rotted food, pet feces, old papers, vacuum-cleaner bags, the
contents of trash cans, and so on. It's usually layered in there until the
dumpster is full. Maybe it takes a week to fill one up.

Gunner's job is to separate the layers and minimize exposure of the stuff
he's preparing to eat to the pet feces, etc., while using all of his senses
to determine if the wretched stink is coming from the stuff he's collecting
to eat, or if the stink is safely down several layers lower in the sediment.

New Jersey restaurants must be interesting, if they toss out dog and
cat **** with the scraps.

Tell me Ed...how long did it take you to develop a taste for pet ****
at the local eatery?

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"

Ed Huntress April 20th 05 04:30 AM

wrote:

[...]

Have you ever worked in a restaurant?

Tell me Ed...how long did it take you to develop a taste for pet ****
at the local eatery?

What makes you think there's cat **** in the local eatery? Restaurants toss
everything they don't want anyone to see into the dumpster.

Do you get a club card with that or anything, so you can shop at dumpsters
everywhere? g

--
Ed Huntress

[email protected] April 20th 05 05:06 AM

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 21:17:15 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .

heh, a whole bunch of snippage happened

At this very moment my wife is taking a truckload of *garbage* to th'
local food bank.

No, she's not. She must be taking *food* to the local food bank.

You are a tiring feller aren't you?

Do you go to food banks often? Have you ever gone to a food bank?
I'm guessing th' answer to both is a resounding nada.

What, are you telling me that they get their food from the bottom of
dumpsters? I don't think so.

"I don't think" is a poor way to answer a question Ed. The answer to
my question is what again? Do try to follow th' red rubber bouncing
ball, won't you? Once again, do you go to food banks often? Have you
ever been to one? It's a real simple yes or no answer. Honest.

What kind of an asshole does it take, who has a computer and who apparently
could get some kind of job, to eat out of a dumpster? Do you really think
it's being "pompous" to find that a kind of stupid thing to do? It's worth a
few words.

A few come to mind, however I'll not resort to those. Yet.

I will say that you've obviously never found yourself wanting,
congrats! Which also means you've no leg to stand on regarding those
who have. At least you've no informed basis to draw from other than
conjecture. I'll just bet you know everything there is to know about
childbirth too, right?

Which part of "it goes to th' dump if she doesn't take it to th' food
bank" don't you get?

Which part of "she didn't drag it out of a dumpster" don't you get?

And which part of what I said suggests it *isn't* in a dumpster
assbite?

FWIW, I have eaten food out of a dumpster before. A sealed bucket of
fresh, warm KFC with all of th' fixin's right after they closed. I
was a starving college kid in th' 70's and a friend worked there.

Oh, spare us your sob story.

We don't sob here.

After the first half of my sophomore year I
paid ALL of my college expenses, in an out-of-state college. I went to
school in the mornings, worked at Sears in the afternoons, and ran a
telephone bank until 9:00 PM. As tough as it was, I never had to sink to
eating other peoples' garbage out of dumpsters.

You are th' man Ed!

All you're telling us is that, as a college student, you were a slob.

No Ed, I'm not going to pat my own back in here like you. I'm very
comfortable in my own skin with no need for atta boys from anyone
other than myself. Pompous assed skin just never fit me.

He
told me they throw away (in th' very same buckets/bags people take to
go) copius quantities of perfectly good food when it's closing time.
Sure as your **** stinks, 10 minutes after th' closed sign went up a
feller made a deposit in that dumpster.

And what makes you think you know what was in that "deposit"?

I ate it? Have you ever eaten food from KFC Ed? Perhaps they season
it with cat **** on th' east coast but over here we prefer salt,
pepper, and gravy.

I'm not particularly proud of it, but that task certainly wasn't
beneath me.

If eating out of dumpsters isn't beneath you, then not much else is.

Yawn

I suspect if push came to shove, you'd be dead and I'd be ballin' up
a healthy turd Ed. Nope, I'm positive. Heh, heh, and I'd also bet,
that fact honestly does make your kind a tad nervous... when you
*really* think about it.

Like right now. Don't think about it Ed.

Snarl... boo