Willy c

Default machinery source in Connecticut

Hi folks can any one tell me a good source to buy used machinery in
Connecticut? Thanks, Willy

Pete C.

Other that whatever may occasionally appear at the Pratt & Whitney
surplus store in East Hartford, there aren't any good places for such
things in CT. CT has driven much of it's manufacturing economy out of
state and eveything that's left in the state is overpriced.

Pete C. (who left CT last year)

Willy c wrote:

Hi folks can any one tell me a good source to buy used machinery in
Connecticut? Thanks, Willy

Waynemak

What are you looking for?
"Willy c" wrote in message
nk.net...
Hi folks can any one tell me a good source to buy used machinery in
Connecticut? Thanks, Willy

Errol Groff

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 17:28:17 GMT, "Willy c"
wrote:

Hi folks can any one tell me a good source to buy used machinery in
Connecticut? Thanks, Willy

There is a used machinery place on the Berlin Turnpike in Berlin CT.

Don't recollect the name right off but it is right near the Home
Depot. On the right side of the highway if you are headed north and
on the left if you are headed soutn.

As mentioned Pratt and Whitney has a surplus outlet but doesn't often
seem to have machinery. Mostly tools etc.

Errol Groff

Instructor, Machine Tool Department

H.H. Ellis Technical High School
643 Upper Maple Street
Dantieson, CT 06239

New England Model Engineering Society
http://newenglandmodelengineeringsociety.org/

Pete C.

I went to the used machinery place on the Berlin Tpk. once and
everything seemed to be quite pricy. I seem to recall a rather beat up
10" or so horizontal only Bridgeport rotary table marked at about $1,200
yikes!

On the plus side I did get a Pratt & Whitney manufactured 10" tilting
rotary table in just about perfect condition for $300 and a nice Ellis
dividing head w/ 4" set-tru chuck for $75 at the P&W surplus store.

Pete C.

wrote:

Hi folks can any one tell me a good source to buy used machinery in
Connecticut? Thanks, Willy

There is a used machinery place on the Berlin Turnpike in Berlin CT.

Don't recollect the name right off but it is right near the Home
Depot. On the right side of the highway if you are headed north and
on the left if you are headed soutn.

As mentioned Pratt and Whitney has a surplus outlet but doesn't often
seem to have machinery. Mostly tools etc.

Errol Groff

Instructor, Machine Tool Department

H.H. Ellis Technical High School
643 Upper Maple Street
Dantieson, CT 06239

New England Model Engineering Society
http://newenglandmodelengineeringsociety.org/

Artemia Salina

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 19:48:56 +0000, Errol Groff wrote:

There is a used machinery place on the Berlin Turnpike in Berlin CT.

Don't recollect the name right off but it is right near the Home
Depot. On the right side of the highway if you are headed north and
on the left if you are headed soutn.

That's not Babin's place, is it? Or is he located in Bristol, I can't
remember. He ran under the name "Marjen Machines." Mixed reviews about
his ethics, to say the least. Caveat Emptor.

--
0:-) 0:-) 0:-) 0:-) (-:0 (-:0 (-:0 (-:0
0:-) Artemia Salina (-:0

Artemia Salina

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 15:45:31 -0500, Artemia Salina wrote:

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 19:48:56 +0000, Errol Groff wrote:

There is a used machinery place on the Berlin Turnpike in Berlin CT.

Don't recollect the name right off

That's not Babin's place, is it?

Follow-up to my own post. Its not Babin's place. Its called
Industrial Surplus http://www.industrialsurplus.com/about.html

--
0:-) Artemia Salina (-:0

Metal Working Machinery New and Used in Australia and for Export [email protected] Metalworking 0 February 23rd 05 02:54 AM
Oil/Pellet Stoves? Bill LaFleur Home Ownership 285 November 18th 04 09:33 PM
Source for photo-couple/opto-couple dlnpc Electronics Repair 0 March 22nd 04 03:59 AM
Noise reduction Dirtleg Woodworking 10 January 9th 04 06:43 AM
Pearl Harbor Walt LeRoy Metalworking 77 December 15th 03 06:36 AM