Marty Escarcega

Default WTB: M Head Fine Feed Handwheel

Anyone have a good fine feed handwheel for an M head or know where I can
look?
Thanks
Marty
Mesa, AZ
jim rozen

In article , Marty Escarcega says...

Anyone have a good fine feed handwheel for an M head or know where I can
look?

When I bought my M head from Sobel's, he had a big pile
of handwheels of all flavors. He looked through it for
a few moments and pulled one out of the stack.

Jim

please reply to:
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

In article , Marty Escarcega
says...

Anyone have a good fine feed handwheel for an M head or know where I can
look?

There's really nothing special about that wheel except for the crossways
keyway in the end of the hub. Any-ol' wheel with about the right sized hub
should serve with a bit of file work or a slotting bit run across the end.
I think the only other thing I remember about that wheel is that it's quite
light... maybe aluminum. I think that's to prevent it from overworking the
feed from inertia if you give it too energetic a spin.

LLoyd

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote in message
k.net...
There's really nothing special about that wheel except for the crossways
keyway in the end of the hub. Any-ol' wheel with about the right sized

hub
should serve with a bit of file work or a slotting bit run across the end.
I think the only other thing I remember about that wheel is that it's

quite
light... maybe aluminum. I think that's to prevent it from overworking

the
feed from inertia if you give it too energetic a spin.

Y'know, almost as soon as I wrote that, I thought I remembered it backwards.

IIRC, there is almost nothing special about that wheel. I think the keyway
is on the spindle, not the hub of the wheel. And the "key" is just a
cross-pin in the hub. If that's the case, then almost any wheel with the
right bore that will clear the rest of the head's parts should work with
just the addition of a cross-bore hole and pin.

I think....

LLoyd

Delta planer wont feed Mark Woodworking 6 December 30th 04 06:52 PM
Adjusting audio head on Pana NV-9100 U-Matic Wild Bill Electronics Repair 0 June 12th 04 01:41 AM
Shower pump for can type shower head. steve UK diy 3 January 16th 04 11:38 AM
Printer Reestit Mutton UK diy 16 October 31st 03 10:06 AM
Basics on Depth of Cuts Chris S Metalworking 10 September 2nd 03 03:15 AM