Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
David Billington

Default How to make a long thin tapered rod

I have been asked if I can make some items that use a steel rod tapering
from 1/4" down to 3/32" over about 7". All I can think of at the moment
is to try and turn it but using a special tailstock centre to allow it
to be placed in tension and offset the tailstock to set the taper as
normal. The taper doesn't have to be accurate, it could be slightly
barreled, but does need to be smooth. Any body have any better ideas.

FAST CASH SYSTEM !!! tropicaldreamer Home Ownership 0 January 29th 05 03:08 AM
How long for BCO to make decision? Jimmy Gibson UK diy 2 October 8th 04 12:48 AM
Silent thermostat Dave Gibson UK diy 13 January 5th 04 12:02 PM
SEASONS GREETINGS BLOCKS Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT Woodworking 2 September 8th 03 05:06 PM