Rex B

Default OT Sorta - Cheapest way to send small parts?

I need to ship a variety of small lathe parts to several places.
These are single change gears and smaller items.
What "one-price products" are out there today to make this quick, easy,
and cheap (pick any 2)?

Rex Burkheimer

Rex B

Charles
I'm shipping from Texas to Alaska right now. Will that box cover
that or is it just the lower 48?

Charles Spitzer wrote:
usps has a flat box, maybe 2x8x12, that they will send priority mail
anywhere in the country for $7. no limits on the weight, it's whatever you
can fit in the box.

regards,
charlie
cave creek, az

Gerald Miller

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:00:23 -0600, Rex B wrote:

I need to ship a variety of small lathe parts to several places.
These are single change gears and smaller items.
What "one-price products" are out there today to make this quick, easy,
and cheap (pick any 2)?

Rex Burkheimer

Whatever you do, DO NOT ship into Canada by UPS. They SCREW the
recipient for a minimum of $35 service charge even on manufacturers
samples. OTOH, small items shipped USPS are normally delivered with
the regular mail with no additional costs.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

For single change gears and smaller items, I'd use a sample envelope.
This is a manila coin envelope about large enough for a dollar bill
_sewed_ to a small muslin bag with tie string. The invoice goes in the
envelope. You can mail one of these USPS insured for a pittance, less
than Priority Mail, by weight.

When you said one price, did you mean a substantial weight limit? I
think a Priority Mail 2 pound pack is overkill. I mean, what kind of
change gear tops a few ounces, or ever comes close to two pounds? Yes,
you pay the same postage....

You could prestamp them all with adequate postage for more than enough
weight, then just grab one, slip in an invoice, and drop it in a
mailbox. There's a limitation of 16 ounces on parcels into mailboxes
now. This would be below the limit.

Yours,

Doug Goncz
Replikon Research
Seven Corners, VA 22044-0394

Ted Edwards

Rex B attached a VCF card

Thyis causes me to immediately discard his post since these things can
carry various nasties. Not saying _yours_ is but some do so why take
chances? I suggest you get rid of it.

Ted

Rex B

I've only been using Thunderbird a short while. It doesn't have a nice
easy way to attach a signiture like OE does. i wasn't aware the sig file
had that characteristic. I'll delete it as soon as I can find it again.
Not very intuitive, that.
Apologies to all.

Rex

Ted Edwards wrote:
Rex B attached a VCF card

Thyis causes me to immediately discard his post since these things can
carry various nasties. Not saying _yours_ is but some do so why take
chances? I suggest you get rid of it.

Ted

Ian Malcolm

Rex B wrote:
I've only been using Thunderbird a short while. It doesn't have a nice
easy way to attach a signiture like OE does. i wasn't aware the sig file
had that characteristic. I'll delete it as soon as I can find it again.
Not very intuitive, that.
Apologies to all.

Rex

For ***** sake, if its *anything* like Mozilla Mail&News, it will have
the option to attach a signature FILE. Select this, not the vCard, then
click the choose file button. Right click a blank part of the folder
opened in the choose file dialog and select 'new' 'text document'.
Type a file name for the signature, then click off it to apply that
name. Right click it and choose 'Open' (not the 'open' button!). It will
open in notepad (or your configured text editor). Type in your
signature. Save and exit Notepad. NOW double click that file and you
will be returned to Account settings with the Sig filename correctly
filled in.

*VERY IMPORTANT* START WITH '-- ' Enter (without the quotes), THATS DASH
DASH SPACE NEWLINE
This is essential as it lets other people's (standards complient *)
newsreaders find the start of your signature so it doesn't get quoted
when they reply to you. (* Not Outlook express, of course)

It is bad nettiquete to routinely use a signature of more than 4 70
character lines. (One off use of ASCII Art, satire or other humour has
long been accepted but its *got* to be entertaining). Commercial
content IS accepted *in your SIG* (remember 4 lines 70 chars) in any
group I've ever encountered.

Hope this helps :-)

Yes, I know some of my SIG lines are over length :-( but I only use
three lines here. If you choose to flame me, I'll give you a one off
ASCII finger in reply. [/me Dons Asbestos Underware and Nomex suit :-)]

ianm[at]the[dash]malcolms[dot]freeserve[dot]co[dot]uk [at]=@, [dash]=- &
[dot]=.
*Warning* SPAM TRAP set in header, Use email address in sig. if you must.

Rick Cook

Rex B wrote:
Yes, it does help.

thanks

Ian Malcolm wrote:

Rex B wrote:

I've only been using Thunderbird a short while. It doesn't have a
nice easy way to attach a signiture like OE does. i wasn't aware the
sig file had that characteristic. I'll delete it as soon as I can
find it again.
Not very intuitive, that.
Apologies to all.

Rex

For ***** sake, if its *anything* like Mozilla Mail&News,

-- It isn't. You don't have the option of attaching a sig file in
Thunderbird. At least I haven't been able to find it.

--RC

Rex B

it's REAL obscure!!
OE was a lot easier. Even better, you could type it right into the text
box.

Go to Tools -- Account settings --- and click on the top tab, which
should be your ISP. It's on the right, near the bottom.

Rick Cook wrote:
Rex B wrote:

Yes, it does help.

thanks

--
- -
Rex Burkheimer

Rick Cook

Rex B wrote:
it's REAL obscure!!
OE was a lot easier. Even better, you could type it right into the text
box.

Go to Tools -- Account settings --- and click on the top tab, which
should be your ISP. It's on the right, near the bottom.

Oops. You're right.
Now I can start annoying people with sigs again.
Thanks.
--RC

Rick Cook wrote:

Rex B wrote: