Lewis Lang

Default Learning metalworking at home

Hi. I would like to learn metalworking at home. How much realistically
will I need to spend $$$, and what exactly will I really need to get
started? Are any of those kits worth looking at, or are those scams?
Please also suggest a good book or 2.

Thanks.

--

Lewis Lang

Charles Morrill

On 2005-02-06 06:47:12 -0500, "Lewis Lang" said:

Hi. I would like to learn metalworking at home. How much realistically
will I need to spend $$$, and what exactly will I really need to get
started? Are any of those kits worth looking at, or are those scams?
Please also suggest a good book or 2.

Thanks.

What would you like to build?

C Morrill

xmRadio

On 2005-02-06 06:47:12 -0500, "Lewis Lang" said:

Hi. I would like to learn metalworking at home. How much realistically
will I need to spend $$$, and what exactly will I really need to get
started? Are any of those kits worth looking at, or are those scams?
Please also suggest a good book or 2.

Thanks.

What would you like to build?

C Morrill

A nice little plasma generator....

xman

DoN. Nichols

In article . com,
Lewis Lang wrote:
Hi. I would like to learn metalworking at home. How much realistically
will I need to spend $$$, and what exactly will I really need to get
started? Are any of those kits worth looking at, or are those scams?
Please also suggest a good book or 2.

Note that the address information is forged. I have seen
several personal attacks on this individual in
rec.photo.digital.slr-systems, though I have never seen him post there
(for my short time on that newsgroup).

And this particular article, while posted to
rec.crafts.metalworking had followups set to rec.photo.digital and
rec.photo.equipment.35mm *only*, to maximize confusion.

I've left those newsgroups in my answer along with adding
rec.crafts.metalworking back. But I'll set "Followup-To: " to
rec.crafts.metalworking only, so we can discuss it here, after letting
the other two (rec.photo.*) newsgroups know what is happening. I've
seen two articles as followups here in rec.crafts.metalworking. The
first of those two was posted from Earthlink with a newreader called
"Unison/1.5.2" which apparently don't understand the "Followup-To: "
header. and replied just in rec.crafts.metalworking. The second is a
followup to that one, so it also stayed in rec.crafts.metalworking. I
don't know how many others may have been posted from
rec.crafts.metalworking with newsreaders which will blindly dump things
just into the other two newsgroups.

Hopefully, this will inform those here to avoid that problem, at
least.

Anyway -- this is *not* a real request. It is designed to make
trouble for somebody -- and I don't know why he is being targeted.
(Perhaps he annoyed HipCrime?)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564