Roy

Default Looking for x axis powerfeed parts for BP

I need the gear change sleeve assembly, with idler and needle bearing
preferably, but would settle for just the gear change sleeve. This is
the BP all gear drive commonly referred to as the pot drive. No
electronics or electrics other than what drives the horizontaslly
mounted electric motor that drives the gear train.

Any leads of info appreciated. Will even consider a good used unit, or
even a newer used electronic type as long as it will fit the BP.

REMEMBER: "This is worth repeating for benefit of al newbies!
Jo Ann asked Dr. Sooooooooooooooooolow to remind people that while she has retired from selling GF (and sold
the business to Ken Fischer http://dandyorandas.com/) she has NOT retired from
helping people with sick GF and koi FOR FREE. 251-649-4790 phoning is best for
diagnosis. but, can try email put "help sick fish" in subject. Get your fish at Dandy Orandas
Dandy Orandas Dandy Orandas........you guys got that DANDY ORANDAS
yourname

I need the gear change sleeve assembly, with idler and needle bearing
preferably, but would settle for just the gear change sleeve. This is
the BP all gear drive commonly referred to as the pot drive.

gawd I used to love those, no cute pot to change speeds, but soooo much
smoother than the early servo etc drives.

Roy

Well after spending the better part of two days calling all over hell
and creation looking for the part I need, and of those I did find,
they were unable or unwilling to pull side cover off entire drive to
make sure part(s) I needed were serviceable, so there is no way in
hell I was going to pay anywhere from $150 on up for a pig in a
poke.....
So I made a pattern, and a core for it, and poured it last night out
of cast iron. Looks good so far, now all I have to do is machine it.
Biggest problem is going to be the extremely fine threads on the one
end and also getting a reamer ground to match the taper for the hole
that the idler gear bolt fits into. I may just use a cut down shoulder
bolt and different caged needle bearings in idler gear and bypass the
tapered hole mount bolt deal. Too dam cold, rainy and miserable
outside to do much of anything so may as well make the best of my
time and this weekend and see what I can do with this casting in a
nice warm shop.