Default highest psi creatable by hand-crank mechanism?

What are the commercially available mechanisms/devices that would allow
creation of very high levels of hydraulic pressure by human movement?
Bicycle type of mechanism is preferred.

I'm already familiar with the Enerpac product line. Anything goes to
higher levels?

carl mciver

wrote in message
oups.com...
| What are the commercially available mechanisms/devices that would allow
| creation of very high levels of hydraulic pressure by human movement?
| Bicycle type of mechanism is preferred.
|
| I'm already familiar with the Enerpac product line. Anything goes to
| higher levels?

Since pressure and flow are inversely proportional with the same amount
of work applied, you can get several thousand psi but the flow will be
extremely small, or lots of flow with minimal pressure.

There are hydraulic booster pumps that allow existing hydraulic systems
to pump even higher pressures in separate systems, like an air operated
hydraulic pump. Of course flow still continues to decrease as pressure
increases.

Jonathan Barnes

wrote in message
oups.com...
What are the commercially available mechanisms/devices that would allow
creation of very high levels of hydraulic pressure by human movement?
Bicycle type of mechanism is preferred.

I'm already familiar with the Enerpac product line. Anything goes to
higher levels?

I'm not familiar with Enerpac, what pressure do they go to ?

Two stage hydraulic pumps are fairly common, most are set to change over
from the low pressure stage at about 150 PSI, and have their relief valve
set for a maximum of around 3000 PSI from the high pressure second stage...

What pressure do you want ?

--
Jonathan

Barnes's theorem; for every foolproof device
there is a fool greater than the proof.

To reply remove AT

N:dlzc D:aol T:com \(dlzc\)

Dear Jonathan Barnes:

"Jonathan Barnes" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
What are the commercially available mechanisms/devices that would allow
creation of very high levels of hydraulic pressure by human movement?
Bicycle type of mechanism is preferred.

I'm already familiar with the Enerpac product line. Anything goes to
higher levels?

I'm not familiar with Enerpac, what pressure do they go to ?

They have products that go to 10,000 psi.

David A. Smith

Eject Mechanism on Sony Digicam - Please Help! Tilman Electronics Repair 4 April 14th 04 11:17 AM
Folding door mechanism PoP UK diy 3 February 12th 04 06:21 PM
Mechanical jamming problem with CD shuffle carrier mechanism Nigel Cook Electronics Repair 4 October 18th 03 03:20 PM