ClvspamX

Default Using Emachineshop CAD???

Hi,

I wonder if anyone here might have enough familiarity with the emachineshop's
software that they might help me.

The part I've been trying to draw and order is a ~4 inch OD ring shape with
a"V" groove similar to a pulley, but with no hub.

--Chris Vancil
Tim Killian

You could just take a hand sketch to a local machine shop and get it
made. I played with their software and managed to draw a simple part we
had machined before. The pricing was way off though (300% higher), and
when I tried to contact them by email and telephone, there was no
response. Good idea and all, but IMO their implementation leaves a bit
to be desired.

ClvspamX wrote:

Hi,

I wonder if anyone here might have enough familiarity with the emachineshop's
software that they might help me.

The part I've been trying to draw and order is a ~4 inch OD ring shape with
a"V" groove similar to a pulley, but with no hub.

--Chris Vancil

Junior Member

Location: Pinckney, Michigan

I've struggled with eMachineshop software as well, and found it extremely clumsy. I was able to get my design close to what I wanted, then hit a road block.

I found an "approved Emachineshop design consultant" that is quite good with that software who helped me get over the final hurdle I was having, then fabricated the first proto-type article for me on his stereo lithography rapid proto-type equipment. He was very helpful and then only charged me $50 for the first article.

His website is:

http://www.spodaco.com/

I wonder if anyone here might have enough familiarity with the emachineshop's
software that they might help me.

The part I've been trying to draw and order is a ~4 inch OD ring shape with
a"V" groove similar to a pulley, but with no hub.[/i][/color]
ClvspamX

Thank you and you other folks:

This eMachineShop software isn't much like AutoCAD and doesn't have lathe
function or a number of other function which would allow me to do what I need.
Even the ability to change or move lines made in another view is nonexistent!

They could get around this by adding a few extra functions to their groove
feature.

I think the only way to currently make the v groove is to request it in
comments to the machinist.

Before I came to rec.crafts.metalworking I checked all over the web for
eMachineShop related pages and ran across spodaco.com.

I personally think eMachineShop software is to buggy and should be more
transparent with have a couple more sample projects in their audio tutorials. I
will look for a local to Seattle area Machine Shop.

--Chris Vancil

CAtruckman

Send us a sketch and we will offer you a very competitive bid. Leigh at
MarMachine.

eMachineShop for low-cost prototypes Leon Heller Metalworking 0 August 20th 04 10:39 AM
eMachineShop Ken Grunke Metalworking 1 August 5th 04 01:39 AM
emachineshop design help needed... Bill Metalworking 2 May 15th 04 12:18 AM