Joe

The plate is nickel plated. The screws are hex head hardened grade 5 or
8 I
think... Black oxide, right? anyhow... Strength is needed and I don't
think they make glavanized or nickel coated hex heads in those grades.

I thought these were hex socket flat heads? In inch sizes the standard
alloy hex socket cap screws are a bit stronger than grade 8s. Zinc
plated alloy hex socket flat heads are easily available.

They are indeed. I'm sick and not able to think clearly. Thus the reason
I'm also posting at 4:30 in the freaking morning!

Anyone have a cure for headache, tenitus, excessive phlegm, cough, jaw pain,
sinus congestion and lack of sleep?
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013

My eBay: http://tinyurl.com/4hpnc

Rex B

Really what I'm looking for is an allen key-type tool that won't degrade
under stress like a full allen key will and/or one that I can apply either a
shock to (impact or something) or lots of torque to remove the flat head.

If it's a 1/4" hex, just get a 3/8 square drive allen bit to fit a
standard ratchet. Cut the hex tip off to just a little longer than the
recess is deep. You will break the screw before the bit twists.
If you can't find the bit ready-made, get a socket and cut off an
allen key, glue it into the socket.

Bruce L. Bergman

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 04:28:42 -0500, "Joe"
wrote:

They are indeed. I'm sick and not able to think clearly. Thus the reason
I'm also posting at 4:30 in the freaking morning!

Anyone have a cure for headache, tenitus, excessive phlegm, cough, jaw pain,
sinus congestion and lack of sleep?

In order: Aspirin, shoulda starting wearing earplugs 30 years ago,
cough syrup with expectorant (covers two), softer foods and/or a
better Dentist, "Sudafed, Aisle 5"...

And for the last one "Unplug the phone, disconnect the doorbell,
send the wife and kids to your Mother In Law's, and tell the world to
GO AWAY, I'm sick and I'm sleeping in."

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545
Herb

Try a rub in the countersink with a bar of hand soap or even a lumber
marking crayon.

Unwarping wood Phil Addison UK diy 0 May 10th 04 07:12 PM
Countersunk screw-head diameter and angle Jim Metalworking 17 March 8th 04 09:45 PM
Those YUPPIE drywall screws Stormin Mormon Home Ownership 12 February 13th 04 09:48 PM
Can something be TOO flat ? Alan Rothenbush Metalworking 29 January 29th 04 08:44 PM
strange screws (flat pack things) Matthew Ames UK diy 6 January 27th 04 12:40 AM