habbi

Default hydraulic cylinders

Is there a way to actually bleed the air from a hydraulic system which uses
cylinders? If not does the trapped air in the cylinder just get compressed
to the working pressure and add a cushion effect?

williamhenry

there are several methods for removing air in the commissioning of a system,
depending on its use and other requirements, I have vacuumed to 25 inches
several times on certain cylinders used in elevators, but for the most part
the entrained air is eventually cycled back to tank , just depends on the
nature of the equipment

DOC

I had this problem when I set up my hydraulic press.

Just topped up the tank and ran the thing back and forth a few times.

Then it was fine.

I would assume that the compressed air "dissolves" in the oil
and once it gets back to the tank, it just kind of bubbles off.

DOC