David Anderson

Default Horological: Dead beat escapement

Any references for layout and construction of dead beat escapements? I have
Gazeley/Penman/Rawlings/Britten's books etc but they all seem to be located
in the 19th century and depend upon graphic designs rather than by
computations and rectangular coordinates. I've built several dead beat
movements and they are working well, but still looking for perfection. Any
words of wisdom will be happily received. Thanks, Dave Anderson

John Ings

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 18:29:24 GMT, "David Anderson"
wrote:

Any references for layout and construction of dead beat escapements? I have
Gazeley/Penman/Rawlings/Britten's books etc but they all seem to be located
in the 19th century and depend upon graphic designs rather than by
computations and rectangular coordinates. I've built several dead beat
movements and they are working well, but still looking for perfection. Any
words of wisdom will be happily received. Thanks, Dave Anderson

http://www.ubr.com/clocks/pub/airy/airy2a.html

Erik

In article ,
"David Anderson" wrote:

Any references for layout and construction of dead beat escapements? I have
Gazeley/Penman/Rawlings/Britten's books etc but they all seem to be located
in the 19th century and depend upon graphic designs rather than by
computations and rectangular coordinates. I've built several dead beat
movements and they are working well, but still looking for perfection. Any
words of wisdom will be happily received. Thanks, Dave Anderson

I'd also run this by the folks in:

alt.horology

Good Luck!

Erik
Dave Mundt

Greetings and Salutations...

wrote:

Any references for layout and construction of dead beat escapements? I have
Gazeley/Penman/Rawlings/Britten's books etc but they all seem to be located
in the 19th century and depend upon graphic designs rather than by
computations and rectangular coordinates. I've built several dead beat
movements and they are working well, but still looking for perfection. Any
words of wisdom will be happily received. Thanks, Dave Anderson

You might want to check out the "Amateur Telescope Making"
books, edited by Ingalls. One of the volumes (#3, I *think*) has
extensive information on building clock movements of varying levels
of accuracy.
Regards
Dave Mundt