DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Horological: Dead beat escapement (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/84072-horological-dead-beat-escapement.html)

David Anderson January 2nd 05 06:29 PM

Horological: Dead beat escapement

Any references for layout and construction of dead beat escapements? I have
Gazeley/Penman/Rawlings/Britten's books etc but they all seem to be located
in the 19th century and depend upon graphic designs rather than by
computations and rectangular coordinates. I've built several dead beat
movements and they are working well, but still looking for perfection. Any
words of wisdom will be happily received. Thanks, Dave Anderson

John Ings January 2nd 05 07:19 PM

http://www.ubr.com/clocks/pub/airy/airy2a.html

Erik January 2nd 05 07:35 PM

In article ,
"David Anderson" wrote:

Any references for layout and construction of dead beat escapements? I have
Gazeley/Penman/Rawlings/Britten's books etc but they all seem to be located
in the 19th century and depend upon graphic designs rather than by
computations and rectangular coordinates. I've built several dead beat
movements and they are working well, but still looking for perfection. Any
words of wisdom will be happily received. Thanks, Dave Anderson

I'd also run this by the folks in:

alt.horology

Good Luck!

Erik

Dave Mundt January 2nd 05 10:42 PM

Greetings and Salutations...

wrote:

Any references for layout and construction of dead beat escapements? I have
Gazeley/Penman/Rawlings/Britten's books etc but they all seem to be located
in the 19th century and depend upon graphic designs rather than by
computations and rectangular coordinates. I've built several dead beat
movements and they are working well, but still looking for perfection. Any
words of wisdom will be happily received. Thanks, Dave Anderson

You might want to check out the "Amateur Telescope Making"
books, edited by Ingalls. One of the volumes (#3, I *think*) has
extensive information on building clock movements of varying levels
of accuracy.
Regards
Dave Mundt