Gunner

Default Unusual Hammond tool grinder

I stumbled over (literally) a rather unusual Hammond tool grinder
today.

Its a rather tall machine, with a square head, and on one side is your
basic diamond wheel with tilting table, but on the other, is a lever
operated traveling table with a universal holding fixture that allows
you to put in a tool, set the compound angles and travel the work
piece past or under a grinding wheel (in this case, diamond)

Sort of like a combination surface grinder and horizontal miller with
lever operated table.

Id inquired about this machine some 8 months ago, and was quoted a
figure that made my eyebrows fuse. So I paid no more attention to it.

Today I was in there doing a checkout for a customer who wanted to buy
a particular machine but was unable to view it himself, and after that
was done, was browsing around the back lot (in the rain) and once
again tripped over this grinder. I mentioned to the owner that it
appeared he was not going to sell it, before it rusted solid and he
offered it to me for the price of lunch for 2, at Taco Bell.

Burp......

So..tommorow I get to go load it up on my trailer and drive it home.
I thought it would make a dandy form tool grinder for HSS.

Anyone seen one of these before? A quick google didnt turn up
anything even close.
Ill post some pics and model number later this week.

Gunner

"Gunner, you are the same ridiculous liberal f--k you ever where."
Scipio
williamhenry

we have one somewhat similar at the shop ,, we use it to sharpen annular
cutters , but it is a small bench top type unit