Richard J Kinch

Default Free engineering reference book

I was searching for a formula to design torsion springs, and discovered
this free engineering reference with a huge, dense collection of good
information:

http://www.ncees.org/exams/study_materials/fe_handbook/

[18 MB PDF file!]

Joe

Thanks for the invaluable reference. I see the organization which published
it is located in Clemson, SC, just a 20 minute drive from my house. So, I
want to add my GLOAT:

Twelve days ago, after about 6 years of study, my son graduated from
Clemson University with a degree in Ceramic Engineering and Material
Science. This was truly his effort, and we are quite proud of him. The fact
that he has already gotten a job in that field, and is making more money
than I do is (almost) irrelevant.

Now I'll be the only one making regular trips to Clemson, as I do a weekly
radio show on the University radio station. For anyone who is interested in
the arcane world of Progressive Rock of the 60s and 70s, I can be heard
Sunday nights from 7:00 to 9:00 at http://www.wsbf.net (click on "Listening
Station" - you will need Winamp). Due to the winter break, I won't be back
on until 1/16/05, though.

Anyway, Congratulations, Gabe!!

Joe

Richard J Kinch wrote:

I was searching for a formula to design torsion springs, and discovered
this free engineering reference with a huge, dense collection of good
information:

http://www.ncees.org/exams/study_materials/fe_handbook/

[18 MB PDF file!]

There is now a nev version of motionmountain on the net, since today.
1100 pages of of fun with physics.
Enjoy!

Christoph Schiller