CNC Shop

Default Trouble running Camsoft's AS3000 Trial Version Cam Software

How old is this message.

I have been using CamSoft for many years and I didn't even know they
had a trial version. I called and they said they don't offer this.

I think this message is just talking about their CAD/CAM system trial
package. I have used their CNC Controllers in several systems for
customers of mine.

I know they have a educational teaching package for students on their
CNC Controllers, but does any one know where do you get a trial package
for the CAD/CAM system?

Jim C.

Laine Boekelman wrote:
In November of last year I tried the Trial Version of Camsofts AS3000
cam software. The charge for the trial version was $95, which I

thought
wasn't bad to try out the features of the software for a limitted

time.
However, I didn't get a chance to try out the features, because I
couldn't even get it to process a job on my Gateway P5-60 computer.
I've included in this posting the letter I sent to the company
requesting that my credit card be creditted back the $95 and their
response, which denied a refund and among other things claimed that

of
7,000 units shipped, mine was the only computer it didn't run on, and
that it was "better to find out now".
I was just curious if anyone else has had trouble running the AS3000
trial version.

From: kitty mail
Subject: AS3000 Trial Version Refund
Date: Wednesday, January 14, 1998 10:21 AM

Sir,
On Friday November 20th, 1997, I received AS3000 trial version
software, which I had ordered through the Camsoft web page. For

the $95
I authorized to be charged on my Visa card, the page promised a
"Fully Functional Version" of the AS3000 software. Upon installing

the
software and starting the program, I found that the software would
not function properly on my computer. I am very familiar with
computers, and tried all of the troubleshooting tips in the AS3000
manual, and spent many hours trying to get the software to
run, but to no avail. The program would produce an error and exit
whenever I would attempt to process any job.

On the following Monday, your representative Gary made what I

presume
was a follow-up call, and talked to my wife, Sharon. Sharon

informed Gary
of my problems and frustrations and that I had the software

packaged and
ready to
return. But Gary suggested that I contact Camsoft's Technical

Support,
and that it was not necessary to return the software and manual.

I spent nearly an hour on the phone with the Technical Support
person, after which the program still wouldn't run. He informed me

that
"the problem must be with your (my) computer, because it runs ok

for me."

I have worked on and with computers for many years, and I know

that a
program may run well on 99 models of computers, and not run on the

100th.
That's what I felt when I originally boxed it up to ship it back

to you.

The issue shouldnot be whether there's something "wrong" with my

computer, or
that there's something "wrong" with the software. SOME programs

simply
don't run on SOME computers. It's as simple as that.

I was very unhappy to see a $95 charge on my last Visa bill, since

Camsoft
representatives had been informed that the software does not and

never
has
functioned properly on my computer.

I want to stress that "Non-Refundable"refers to a "Fully
Functional" version of AS3000. I did not receive such a product.

A telephone call to a Camsoft representative today refused a

refund,
and offered only to send me the next version of the product and

"give it
a try".
Frankly I have found another CAM product, and no longer have a need

for a

trial version of AS3000.

But the issue remains, Camsoft has charged me for product that
doesn't work for me. That is why I am again asking that you credit

my
Visa account for the $95 charge.

I would happily pay to return the manual and software to you, if

you
so desire.

Please contact me with your resolution.

Laine Boekelman

----------

Dear Laine,

We understand what your saying, however. This is the reason we have a
"TRY
BEFORE YOU BUY" package to offer like this is to provide a potenial
customer a low risk chance to rent our products before they make an a
expensive purchase. You will have to agree that its better to find

out
now.

You can see that it cost CamSoft far more than $95 to send you,

manuals,
12 disks or CD rom. The time you spent with Ruben and our other tech
support people cost us more than $95 alone. Even though you only

barely
used the manuals, we can not recycle them, nor the disk or CD ROM.

It's
burnt in with a serial number unique to you.

Of course we suggested that you contact Camsoft's Technical Support,
your
problem can be solved.

A couple of facts to keep in mind a

This is Not a software problem. Its your computer, or its

configuration.

The invoice clearly states the trial package is non-refundable.

You do have a fully functional version!

We have shipper over 7,000 packages and your the only one that has

not
been
able to solve this problem. Very odd.

If you rented or consigned any piece of equipment over a certain term
period and you claimed it didn't work for you while you had it, am

sure
most companies would be saying the same things we are.

We are counting on the fact you will succeed. The bottom line is no

one
wins if you don't become a customer. Its a risk for us and also for

you.
The only resolution we can offer is to upgrade your package to our
latest
version and hopefully you will see some different error messages to
assist
you in figuring out whats wrong with your computer.

Johnny

I got CamSoft Demo CD. It interactive but really didn't allow me to
use the product, but I bought it any way.

So far I think their product is well thought out and more advanced than
my Fanuc or Fagor controllers. I know one of the guys over there quite
well. If they have a trial package I will post it Monday.

Johnny

Laine Boekelman wrote:
[...]

CNC Shop

I have their demo CD and their CAD/CAM too. I was just thinking of
handing them out to potential customers. I agree so far CamSoft's CNC
Controller has been great for my business although their CAD/CAM
software works well it is a little out of date so I think if people
could try it first that would be nice.

Jim C.

Karl Townsend

I have camsoft on two machines. Its a great product. Maybe not necessary on
machines without turrets or tool changers, overkill. There's a fairly good
NG at CNC Zone if you're interested.

I just have the level 1 AS3000, Has anyone ever tried out the higher levels
of AS3000? What's it cost if you already own a control package?

Karl
oups.com...

OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
WTB 20/20 Software version 5.1 - 5.2 grimre Woodworking 2 November 2nd 03 08:33 PM