Default Metal Supplier near Dallas, Texas

I've searched for the past hour on the internet for a metal supplier in
the Dallas area that has steel and aluminium for a good price, with no
luck. Metal Supermarkets sells al and steel, but they charge $.60 per
pound, for scrap steel. Sq. tubing is even more expensive (16 ga. 1"
$1/foot). I've looked at the catalog for King Architectural Metals
(http://kingmetals.com). Their square tubing is cheaper than Metal
Supermarkets, but they do not sell any aluminum tubing. Does anyone
know where a cheap steel and aluminium small order store is in Dallas?

Grant Erwin

(
http://kingmetals.com). Their square tubing is cheaper than Metal
Supermarkets, but they do not sell any aluminum tubing. Does anyone
know where a cheap steel and aluminium small order store is in Dallas?

Did you try the yellow pages? Not every business is up to Internet speed ..
SteveB

two words ......... yellow pages

David Malicky

I'm not from the area, but I know some cousins of mine (Corey and Randy
Wilson -- good guys) work at Garland Steel, NE side of Dallas:
http://garlandsteel.com/
I think they sell scrap, but not sure.
David

Tim Killian

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but metal prices are way up from a
year ago. Parts we bought for $16 at Metal Supermarkets are now $26. The
Chinese are buying all of the scrap steel and aluminum -- every one of
those boats that unloads Wal-Mart stuff over here goes back filled with
scrap, chicken feet, and hay.

wrote:

I've searched for the past hour on the internet for a metal supplier in
the Dallas area that has steel and aluminium for a good price, with no
luck. Metal Supermarkets sells al and steel, but they charge $.60 per
pound, for scrap steel. Sq. tubing is even more expensive (16 ga. 1"
$1/foot). I've looked at the catalog for King Architectural Metals
(
http://kingmetals.com). Their square tubing is cheaper than Metal
Supermarkets, but they do not sell any aluminum tubing. Does anyone
know where a cheap steel and aluminium small order store is in Dallas?

Byron Wells

Go to Liberty at 3806 Singleton 214-638-0555.

They have new and scrap steel, aluminum and some stainless. Scrap steel is
..25/lb and scrap aluminum is 1.50/lb. New stuff is higher of course.

They are open till 4:30 during the week and till noon on Saturdays
Byron..
ups.com...

On 16 Dec 2004 14:54:13 -0800, wrote:

||I've searched for the past hour on the internet for a metal supplier in
||the Dallas area that has steel and aluminium for a good price, with no
||luck. Metal Supermarkets sells al and steel, but they charge $.60 per
||pound, for scrap steel. Sq. tubing is even more expensive (16 ga. 1"
||$1/foot). I've looked at the catalog for King Architectural Metals
||(
http://kingmetals.com). Their square tubing is cheaper than Metal
||Supermarkets, but they do not sell any aluminum tubing. Does anyone
||know where a cheap steel and aluminium small order store is in Dallas?

Commercial Metals on Singleton is worth a call.
More steel, but they may have aluminum.

If that doesn't work, email me directly.

Texas Parts Guy
GJRepesh

I have bought scrap steel and aluminum from Gold Recycling in South Dallas.
They are on Lamar off interstate 45.

Gary Repesh
Jeremy Samuels

Would you happen to know if there is a minimum order?

lathe - metal or wood? Rich Andrews Woodworking 8 March 29th 21 08:43 PM
metal tubes Allan Adler Metalworking 7 September 26th 03 04:30 AM
WTB: Ladder in North Texas area (Dallas) Rei Home Repair 1 September 6th 03 08:23 PM