Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Ben Hockenhull

Default Good bench grinder?

I'm in the market for a bench grinder and am looking for some feedback on
good choices. I am pretty certain I want an 8" grinder. Uses will be
mostly rough metal shaping/cleanup and sharpening. I'm also thinking
about getting more actively into knifemaking, mostly through stock
removal.

I have a nice gift certificate to Home Despot, so if there's a quality
grinder there, that'd be a bonus, but that's not the sole consideration.
They have a 6" variable speed Delta there that looks decent. Might see if
they could order an 8" version of the same so I could use my gift
certificate.

Ben