Forger

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 12:44:50 -0800, Grant Erwin
wrote:

Rob Skinner wrote:

Hiya Ben,
I just got finished with a Bench Grinder Fiasco. A month ago all the
smoke came out of one of my old ones.

The coolest replacement option is to call McMaster-Carr, spend five
to seven bills on a nice Baldor, and never again have to worry about
it. That was too hard for me to rationalize.

I know a pro machinist who says the new Baldors they're cranking out
these days are crap too. He swears he would not let one in his shop.
I don't know personally -- I have an old one.

Why not buy an old Baldor grinder off ebay?

GWE

I have a very old Guard Lite motor made by Baldor and its going to be
the power behind a new belt grinder I plan on making. My Burr King
Belt Grinder with a 1.5 horse Baldor will grind a hard file just as
fast as you can push it into it, no slowing that motor down. I bought
it about 10 years ago. (I still consider it new)