Wild Bill

Default Thread pitch for microphone stand connectors NOPOL

I'm replying to an earlier question that I missed

Ted had asked:
I'm planning to build myself a DC motor setup. Did you build yours or
is it a comercial unit?

The motor drive I'm using is a GE Statotrol Jr, 90VDC, 3/4 HP unit for use
with 120VAC line voltage. It performs very well with the Indiana General PM
90V motor I'm presently using.
It was problematic with a used PM treadmill motor I tried (rated 7000 RPM,
2.5 HP 130VDC). That motor may have a fault, but I'm not sure.. it was
drawing too much current and blowing the 15A fuse in the Statotrol drive.

It's a bit of an odd chassis configuration.. an unusually long rectangular
board and heatsink. I had an unused flea market electric service panel
enclosure that worked well for mounting the drive, relays, low voltage DC
power supply and numerous terminal strips for a remote control box I made
from a small aluminum enclosure (originally intended as an Apple disk drive
enclosure).

I've got a KB controller that I plan on using for this machine when/if I get
around to mounting it in an enclosure.

I started creating a web page for this sort of stuff, but can't seem to keep
at it to get it completed. If I can provide any other info, I'd be glad to.

WB