Winston

Default WhooHoo! I kin see!

Thanks, Don Foreman for checking out my helmet and pronouncing it good.
I kept troubleshooting. It turns out that apparently, my 50W quartz -
halogen welding lamp has a color temperature distribution smack in the
center of the helmets sensitivity. I turned it off and substituted a
cool white fluorescent desk lamp.

No problemo. Helmet works great! I can see what I'm doing, way better!

My apologies to the fine folks at Jackson for casting aspersions on their
fine product.

I appreciate all the help and suggestions offered by other RCMers as well.

--Winston

SteveB

"Winston" wrote in message
Thanks, Don Foreman for checking out my helmet and pronouncing it good.
I kept troubleshooting. It turns out that apparently, my 50W quartz -
halogen welding lamp has a color temperature distribution smack in the
center of the helmets sensitivity. I turned it off and substituted a
cool white fluorescent desk lamp.

No problemo. Helmet works great! I can see what I'm doing, way better!

My apologies to the fine folks at Jackson for casting aspersions on their
fine product.

I appreciate all the help and suggestions offered by other RCMers as well.

--Winston

Welding is always much easier when you can see.

Steve ;-)

James P Crombie

SteveB wrote:

"Winston" wrote in message

Thanks, Don Foreman for checking out my helmet and pronouncing it good.
I kept troubleshooting. It turns out that apparently, my 50W quartz -
halogen welding lamp has a color temperature distribution smack in the
center of the helmets sensitivity. I turned it off and substituted a
cool white fluorescent desk lamp.

No problemo. Helmet works great! I can see what I'm doing, way better!

My apologies to the fine folks at Jackson for casting aspersions on their
fine product.

I appreciate all the help and suggestions offered by other RCMers as well.

--Winston

Welding is always much easier when you can see.

Steve ;-)

Not the first time I have heard of lights affecting electronics. I
found that the screw-in florecent lights were affecting the remote for
my parents tv :-) I had to turn the light off if I wanted to change the
channel..........

SteveB

"James P Crombie" wrote

Not the first time I have heard of lights affecting electronics. I found
that the screw-in florecent lights were affecting the remote for my
parents tv :-) I had to turn the light off if I wanted to change the
channel..........

I have a NexGen EQC, and I can say that it is one of the top pieces of
equipment I have. I know they have a few quirks, but by and large, an
autodark hood is a very handy thing. Especially if you do a LOT of welding.

Steve

Don Foreman

Da nada. I'm glad you're cookin' now. That NextGen is a nice helmet.

I had no problem with your helmet using close illumination from a 300
watt quartz halogen, possibly because that larger filament would have
less flicker than a less-massive 50-watt filament.