James P Crombie

SteveB wrote:

"Winston" wrote in message

Thanks, Don Foreman for checking out my helmet and pronouncing it good.
I kept troubleshooting. It turns out that apparently, my 50W quartz -
halogen welding lamp has a color temperature distribution smack in the
center of the helmets sensitivity. I turned it off and substituted a
cool white fluorescent desk lamp.

No problemo. Helmet works great! I can see what I'm doing, way better!

My apologies to the fine folks at Jackson for casting aspersions on their
fine product.

I appreciate all the help and suggestions offered by other RCMers as well.

--Winston

Welding is always much easier when you can see.

Steve ;-)

Not the first time I have heard of lights affecting electronics. I
found that the screw-in florecent lights were affecting the remote for
my parents tv :-) I had to turn the light off if I wanted to change the
channel..........