joe

Default Square Tubing

Try telspar by unistrut. The square sign post stuff that lots of
cities use fer traffic signs. With or without holes. You used to be
able to pick up the broke stuff cheap. **** dat peoples runt over.
Joe

Grant Erwin wrote in message ...
stone wrote:
I want to make a part using 1 1/4 square tubing,
or about this size.(Steel)

And I would like to have another piece of square
tubing that will slide inside this tubing.

I've found at my local metal place that the
smaller sizes are too loose.

I was going to put in some shims to make it work.

But can you buy square tubing 'somewhere' that
is made to fit inside for applications like I need?

So, can you get this tubing and what is it called?

Princess Auto up in Canada has telescopic square tube in 1-1/4".
The pieces are 4 feet long and cost $16CDN each. They also sell
1" stuff that just fits inside, $13CDN per 4 foot piece. Spendy,
but then it's a specialty item. Princess Auto used to be real
friendly about shipping to the US. Their Web site is now much
more obnoxious - they require you to "register" before you can
browse their catalog docs. http://www.princessauto.com

GWE

OK, so the answer is NO. I'll shim it myself.

And Canada will get no money from me ever again
in this lifetime.