Karl Townsend

Default Mobile 600W equivalent

My shaper attachment gearbox calls for 1/2 pint of Mobile 600W oil or
equivalent. So, what other oils are the same?

Karl

Harry Conover

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message .com...
Karl Townsend wrote:

My shaper attachment gearbox calls for 1/2 pint of Mobile 600W oil or
equivalent. So, what other oils are the same?

Karl

Phew that took a search of my archive!

600W oil is cylinder oil in a general group of Worm Gear oil. (phew).

Benz Gearoil 7 comp.
Amoco Cylinder oil 460
Arco Duro S-1500
Chevron EP Machine Oil 460
Citgo Cylinder 400-5
Fuchs Renolin Cs400
Mobil 600w CYL oil
Shell Omala 460
Sun Sunvis 9112
Texaco Vanguard Cyl Oil
US Oil AGMA 7 comp

Hope that helps.

Martin

Hi Martin,

Can you suggest a source for purchasing these (Plus #10 and #20
machine oil) in consumer quantities? (That is, pints, quarts, or
gallons.)

Thanks in advance.

Harry C.
Karl Townsend

Can you suggest a source for purchasing these (Plus #10 and #20
machine oil) in consumer quantities? (That is, pints, quarts, or

FWIW,

I took this list to the local auto parts place and bought a quart with a
nice little squeeze spout.

Many thanks for the list. The Mobile number is obsolete.

Karl

Martin H. Eastburn

Harry and all -

The nice thing about the list - notice the oil company names.

Somewhere in your town or the next is a petrol / oil dealer. He fills
the gas stations with gas and oil - He/she :-) is the distributor.

Walk in and inquire on gallon size. See what they can do.
In years past I have gotten some exotic oils that way.

MSC sells some - I buy my way oil from them.

Another place is the local Auto supply store - just be sure you don't
get auto oil but machine oil.
[ If you know the local service types at the auto dealer ? tractor(Deer, Holland, etc ? equipment ? ]

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer